No clip availability to attach to belt/pocket? Seriously?

So I just purchased a 700i as a multi use GPS, for motorcycle, atv, mountain bike, even car.... This includes being able to take it with me on hikes/trails. Yes it's large, but not much bigger than a large phone with a thick armor case. However this thing must have not been meant for any type of hiking because there is absolutely no way to attach this thing short of getting a pouch for it. Why can't I have a clip, or the velcro attaching clip like my 66i? or why not install the attachment clip thing like most other GPSs on the back by the battery?

I ended up buying some belt clip with the little circle thing and used 3M VHB tape so I can at least attach it to the strap on my backpack, but why make it so I either need very large pocket to put this in, or a giant pouch on my belt? why cant I just clip this thing?

It's too late now as thing has been designed, but come on Garmin. you could have made it little easier for us to attach this thing to a belt/backpack strap!

Now I got 66i for hikes and 700i for vehicle stuff. Can't decide which one I want to keep and which to sell.