New 2024 inReach Consumer Subscription Plan Changes question

Hey Garmin-Leslie,

one question for clarification: if I switch from a Mini 2 with Safety plan to a new Standard plan, I am not able send photos/voice messages via the Messenger app, because this is only possible with the new Messenger Plus due to hardware changes? I have not read this, maybe I have overlooked it? Otherwise there should be more clarification about that!

Top Replies

All Replies

• That is correct. You cannot initially activate your device into an Enabled status. You can only activate an Essential, Standard, or Premium plan. When you want to change or cancel your existing plan, you are offered the opportunity to put your device into Enabled status. 

• Hi Chris,

Can you please clarify something for me? (I asked Garmin Accounts but the reply didn't answer the question)

In US Dollars the standard plan represents a 20% increase ($24.95 to $29.99), but for us here in New Zealand it's gone from $42 to $60  - a 43% increase. Why have we been disproportionately affected?

I suspect that Garmin simply meant to set the NZD price at $50 (representing a 19% increase). Can someone from Garmin please confirm if (a) the current NZD pricing is indeed a mistake and (b) get it changed if it is?

From my perspective, I MAY be tempted to switch plans @ NZD $50 on the basis that there MAY be an occasion where I would use more than 40 texts in a month (most I've used in a month to date has been 8), but at NZD $60 the most likely scenario is that I'd have 140 texts remaining at the end of the billing cycle instead of only 30 ... for an extra $216 per year.

Thanks in advance.