Mapshare High Definition Tracks

Recently got a Mini2 and can't figure out how to get the high definition tracking to display on my mapshare page. I can see the high def route on my Explorer page map, but on mapshare all that is displayed are the 10 minute send interval points with straight lines between them. Any way to fix this?

(I'm coming from using the original Inreach Explorer and that was pretty straightforward and easy in getting high def tracks to post with a simple sync.)

• 100% sure..... unless somebody's holding on to a little known trick or hack that Garmin Support, the manuals, the Explore website and/or multiple different forums don't know about. 

I really hope there is a way to get the activity breadcrumbs (log points) to show, because after playing with both, the M2 is considerably faster at connecting to the satellites.  If you have a M2, I'd love to see a screenshot of how your high detail activity tracks are displayed and compare it to what I posted above.

• There are currently bugs in the Mini2 related to Activity tracking and these include:

High Detail will not record in high detail if inReach Tracking is enabled and Auto Track is on.

If your device has this configuration, it simply won't be recording any high detail Activity data to sync with anything.

Details in this thread: Bad experience in big trekking with sending points and detailed track "deactivated" - inReach Mini 2 - inReach - Garmin Forums

• I'm not a fan of auto track, so always have it off. 

My problem (maybe more a complaint) isn't with getting high detail activity data to work or even display after syncing, but with the way/format in which it is displayed.  I could only get and believe the only way the M2 is able to do it, is to display the high detail activity as a solid track line.  With the M1 and older units, the breadcrumb log points were visible on the high detail track and users/viewers were able to click any of those points and get specific data for that exact point location.  It was/is a very useful feature when trying to pinpoint an exact location between send points.

...and yes, I understand that the M2 doesn't have log points per se, but it does use breadcrumbs on the backend to create the high detail activity track.  Garmin should make those breadcrumb points visible on the maps and return the interactive feature previous inreach models had.

If anyone has a screenshot showing the M2 is capable of this, I'd love to see it and know what settings you're running with.  I've posted side by side pics above of how my M2 displayed high detail activities compared to the my older inreach.  I also posted side by side Garmin instructions showing the difference in how the M2 and older units units display the high detail tracks/activities.  I played with all the available settings on the M2 and could not find any way to modify how the high detail activity is displayed after syncing.

• Here is an earlier test I did to gauge Mini2 accuracy and resolution and the High Detail Activity Recording is capable of resolving down to a loop of at least 6 x 9 meters. I completely understand why someone would want others to know where they are and where they have come from, but why on earth would you want anyone to click on any of the multitude of historical track points at this level of detail?

The volume would also be completely unworkable for satellite messages if that's how you wanted to sync them. And if syncing manually via your mobile then you should also be able to email the tracks directly through to your micro-stalkers if they were that desperate?

• Lol... desperate stalkers.  JoyA bit extreme, but for family members specifically and myself to use to go back over high detailed tracks I made while kayaking.  A lot of distance can be covered in a 10 minute send period and in the moment it's not always ideal to mark a waypoint.

Where/how did you get the M2 display the breadcrumbs for the high detail activity?  Are you using different software and extracting the track as a gpx file?  I see your send interval is off so assuming you aren't syncing to your explore account or mapshare.  An earlier post of mine has side by side pics, not overlays as yours, of how the M2 detailed tracks (activities) displayed on the maps compared to the older devices.  I could only get the M2 to display as a solid line.  Do you have a screenshot of what your M2 detailed track looks like on your explore account map or mapshare?

Garmin (and Delorme) inreach devices prior to the M2 have been "stalker" friendly.  Detailed log points aren't sent by satellite and can only be uploaded manually by syncing the device to a computer or via mobile.  Mobile is the easiest process, as you simply open the drop down and clicking sync.  Much easier than emailing your tracks.

• Yes, for the purpose of that test I converted the internal FIT to GPX to feed specialized mapping software.

We don't use Explore or Map Share for any of that, really only safety check ins. The Mini2 is my partners, the onboard detailed activity track would only ever be used on screen if ever needed as a backup. I have a PLB.

Our primary devices provide the detailed tracking, sea kayaks GPSmap78sc with marine charts, and bushwalking depending where we are either a pair of Rino750's or 66i (& Mini2) with detailed topo's. We use the GPX from these for detailed analysis and planning with traditional desktop software including HomePort, BaseCamp, MapSource loaded with the same charts & topos.

• Nice set ups.  You're definitely more advanced with your adventures than my weekend warrior self. 

I use a Delorme PN-60 as my handheld with topo maps for the few times I'm off trail, but like the inreach as a "simple" all in one device to track and check in.  Having used older inreach devices, I wrongly assumed the M2 would function the same in regards to tracking and the way they get displayed.  For how I use the device, I've learned the M2 can't/won't do what I want it to..... which isn't the end of the world, since the M1 works perfectly, but I wish they would have kept the feature on the newer M2 because it's lightning fast connecting and sending messages compared to the M1.