Can't receives number of messages used on the inReach Mini 2 unit

Hello! I just bought my Mini 2 and have been playing around with it. I have sent/received 5 messages so far and it shows that on my Garmin account online. When I try to update this on the unit itself through the "data use" screen where I "update details," it does the whole "waiting for response" thing and then beeps. But all of my data stays at the "--"  reading. Also, when I try to check my usage on the linked phone app, the update was from 10 hours ago and there is no button to force a sync I can see. Currently, I have no way to know how many messages I am using without logging into my Garmin account. Any ideas?

• I wrote support: I am trying this now and will report back. 

This seems to be a long existing/ by Garmin known issue...

• Hello I have sent you a private message to gather more information on this issue. I would like to get the information so I can create a case and track the issue to see what is causing it. 

• Thanks for the email. I have been working with Garmin's support, but we had to stop because it took so long I let my active subscription pause. We will pick up again when I restart in a few months. 

It is frustrating because I also just received a bill for going over my text messages (11 sent) when I was only on 9 on my online account and 8 on my unit. There is something wrong when I can't figure out how many messages I have sent until the bill comes due and surprises me with extra messages. I will pick this up again in a few months and let you know what is happening. If anyone else with an active subscription wants to chime in, or if Garmin wants to extend mine by a week or two only to get this sorted, I will do it.