This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New firmware versions beyond 3.33

I have updated to the new version indicated. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting (messenger support, ...)

It would be even more interesting if someone from Garmin explained each of the improvements, thanks :)

• Why make it more complicated?

Ask Garmin about that! Stuck out tongue winking eyeInnocent If a user want to be sure that only satellite is used for connection/messaging, do not install the app or disable the app:messenger connection. Of course it is much more comfortabe to write a message via the app instead of using the messenger (can´t judge it for the mini 2 (don´t have one), but I think it is the same). To use the app for the messenger is so much more comfortable, because of the small messenger display and if I tab a message via the messenger buttons, this really hurts my fingers after a while (I find it even more comfortable to use the iR remote widget for writing a message via my F7x instead of using the messenger buttons for it). And yes, I actually don't like it when I have to use my mobile phone/the app for something like this when I'm on the go, but the functional range of the neglected iR widget is unfortunately limited for some things. I hope Garmin will reverse the iR widget! But probably all a matter of habit/personal preference.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Volker
    If a user want to be sure that only satellite is used for connection/messaging, do not install the app or disable the app:messenger connection. Of course it is much more comfortabe to write a message via the app instead of using the messenger

You are confusing a lot of items and words here.

I am talking about using the inReach Mini 2 with the iOS Garmin Explore app.

Do that or when local network is available, use native iPhone apps for communication.

Thus, no need to download the Garmin Messenger app.

• Ups- sorry- my bad. Confused it with the messenger app.