Can't Start Tracking via Remote Control

I tried to enable Tracking using my Instinct2 as a remote but the Mini2 ignored the command.  The control widget on the watch will forever display "Updating" (see screenshot below) after toggling from off to on.  If I leave the widget page and enter back into the widget, the Tracking toggle is set to off.  I see the same behavior whether I use an Instinct (1 or 2), fenix7, or Edge as the remote device.  I can, however, start tracking using the Mini2 control buttons directly.

After some fiddling around, it appears that if the Tracking Send Interval is set to any value other than off, I CAN remotely enable/disable Tracking.  It is only when the Tracking Send Interval is set to Off that I can't remotely set the Tracking recording.

• How do you set it to start tracking when you start the activity on the watch?  Auto Track turns on tracking as soon as you turn on the Mini 2.  I don't see any setting on the Mini 2 or my Epix that starts it when you start the activity on the watch.

• , you are probably right. On the fenix, opening an activity checks that it has a connection to IR. (FWIW, stopping the activity on the watch certainly DOESN'T stop tracking. I added 50 freeway miles to my first hike with the Mini 2.) I don't turn on the M2 until about to start at the trailhead early enough to test and turn off as soon as I get sent confirmation on my "Back at the Car" message. 

• I actually wish it did have an Auto Track mode that was tied to your watch activity as I often forget to start it on the Mini 2 as well.  But I never forget to start my watch Activity.

• We're sorry to hear the inReach Remote widget of the device paired to your Mini 2 doesn't show it's tracking when the Mini 2 has Auto Track enabled.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we're currently looking into it.

This should be resolved with an upcoming software update for your device. We’re hoping this update is released at the end of May. You'll use our Garmin Express program with your device plugged in to the computer, or the Explore app to install the update when it's available: Updating and Syncing an inReach Mini 2

In the meantime, the Mini 2 should still be tracking as it's reflecting on the Mini 2 itself, the inReach Remote just isn't reflecting the same.