67i not being recognized by Iphone when attempting to add the GPS to Garmin Connect or Connect IQ (Iphone) or the Map apps (Mac)

New owner of 67i. I have an Iphone 14 pro running IOS 16.4.1(a) with Garmin Connect 4.66.1 and Connect IQ version 2.21

My GPS is running 4.80 firmware.

I can pair the GPS with my Garmin Explore Iphone app.

I cannot pair it with Connect (it asks me to start the pairing process when it's actually already paired and connected with the phone over bluetooth) and then it asks me to select the GPS to be paired from a pop up window which lists no devices.

As to the laptop (MAC), I was able to make Basecamp and Garmin Express connect with the gps but only by that questionable method of opening and closing the Android File Transfer app in my MAC (shame on Garmin!).

I cannot get the GPS to connect with any of Garmin's MapInstaller or MapManager apps.

Why Garmin chooses to have a gazillion different phone and computer apps to sometimes perform the same actions is really beyond me.

Garmin has really dropped the ball when it comes to fully testing 67i before its launch, we cannot be depending on the manufacturer making things work so "after the fact". Garmin, please get serious about this and get your act together. 

• As to the laptop (MAC), I was able to make Basecamp and Garmin Express connect with the gps but only by that questionable method of opening and closing the Android File Transfer app in my MAC (shame on Garmin!).

Actually, shame on Mac for poor MTP support,  which Garmin have zero control over. 

And shame on all the Mac users who are always so quick to blame others for their own inadequacies.

• Thank you for such a helpful answer, we are very lucky to have you here. Please read my post (and the other similar ones). The 67i has clear failures when interacting with other devices, and this is not limited to Macs. If you have something against Apple or Mac users, that’s your own problem and not mine and it certainly does not help to solve the existing issues. I can send you screenshots that show very poor attention to detail by Garmin in its smartphone  apps (e,g, you are requested to pair the “67i”, the next pop up message refers to the “67” (no i) and a couple of lines below it refers to the “Edge” (!). 

• I don't use any Mac products,  and I have not encountered any of the issues you report with my 67 or 67i.

It is therefore reasonable to say that these issues appear to be isolated to Mac and iOS powered devices. 

• … devices that Garmin developed apps for their products to interact or pair with. And those apps are showing failures. If those problems appeared in a product I don’t use (e.g. Windows PCs, Android phone), I would not blame it on the user like you did. 

• I did not blame the user, I blamed the OS. 

Reading comprehension. Try it. 

• Actually, shame on Mac for poor MTP support,  which Garmin have zero control over. 

Seems pretty clear to me. 

• Dear nice person: you say you don’t use certain products which are the ones I am describing as having problems. And yet you choose to give your opinion on products you admit not using. Let me put it in terms you can maybe understand if you leave your useless sarcasm aside. Garmin offers apps under certain operating systems. These apps are not working (at least with this 67i product). Garmin expects you to use a third party software as a partial solution (and I say partial because it does not work 100% of the time and because it does not solve all existing issues). So, in short, this other developers manage to have devices such as a 67i be recognized by the computer while Garmin’s proprietary software is unable to do. This proves the blame for this not working is on Garmin. You conveniently choose to leave out all the bluetooth (non MTP) issues which are still unsolved. 

If you are not experiencing the issue because your whole hardware setup is different, why do you have the need to make the remarks that you made regarding users? If, like you said, the problems are isolated to Macs and IOs, that means the problems exist. If it doesn’t affect you, move along please. Thanks.

• Thank you for making my case!

It is common knowledge that Mac has very poor MTP support. This is not something Garmin have any control over,  yet you continue to bash them for it. 

I have no issues blaming Garmin for their own self created issues, but this is not one of them. 

• Hi, unpair the 67i with the phone in all applications and also in the phone settings. First, you have to pair the 67i with the Garmin Connect application and only then with other Garmin applications such as Garmin Explorer and Garmin Messenger. Sorry for my English, I'm writing through a translator.

• Thank you so much Gorzdos. I will try that this evening. I really appreciate your help.