67i not being recognized by Iphone when attempting to add the GPS to Garmin Connect or Connect IQ (Iphone) or the Map apps (Mac)

New owner of 67i. I have an Iphone 14 pro running IOS 16.4.1(a) with Garmin Connect 4.66.1 and Connect IQ version 2.21

My GPS is running 4.80 firmware.

I can pair the GPS with my Garmin Explore Iphone app.

I cannot pair it with Connect (it asks me to start the pairing process when it's actually already paired and connected with the phone over bluetooth) and then it asks me to select the GPS to be paired from a pop up window which lists no devices.

As to the laptop (MAC), I was able to make Basecamp and Garmin Express connect with the gps but only by that questionable method of opening and closing the Android File Transfer app in my MAC (shame on Garmin!).

I cannot get the GPS to connect with any of Garmin's MapInstaller or MapManager apps.

Why Garmin chooses to have a gazillion different phone and computer apps to sometimes perform the same actions is really beyond me.

Garmin has really dropped the ball when it comes to fully testing 67i before its launch, we cannot be depending on the manufacturer making things work so "after the fact". Garmin, please get serious about this and get your act together. 

• Hello Gorzdos. I did as you suggested but the result is the same: Garmin connect does not list the GPS as an available accessory for bluetooth pairing. Ideally a 66 *and* 67 Iphone user could maybe shed some light and tell us if both or either of them work with Connect. Kind regards.

• Hi, you must be doing something wrong. Also try uninstalling all garmin applications from the phone except garmin connect, delete the gpsmap 67i device in the phone (settings/bluetooth). In the 67i device, in the bluetooth settings, remove the phone (if there is one) and then try to pair it with the garmin connect application. I did it now and it works. I had the same problems as you when I first paired the 67i with the garmin messenger app and this procedure helped me. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else. (I have an iPhone 14 Pro)

I would send a screenshot but I can't upload it

EDIT: photos.app.goo.gl/7P1Fpkbrbo4BSa6F6

• What do you mean exactly with "Garmin connect does not list the GPS"? What steps did you perform?

To pair the GPSMAP 67 series unit, you can perform the following steps:

* go to Bluetooth settings on your iPhone and delete any paired GPSMAP 67 entry, if listed

* open Garmin Connect Mobile app

* go to More, Garmin Devices, Add Device

* in the Select Your Device screen click Browse all compatible devices

* the GPSMAP 67i should be listed there, select it and follow the steps

If GPSMAP 67i is not listed in the device list in Garmin Connect Mobile, make sure you have updated the app and are on the latest version (4.66.1 at time of writing).

I have successfully paired my GPSMAP 67 in this way.

Also make sure you first setup the connection with Garmin Connect Mobile and then setup any connection with other Garmin apps.

• Hello I would like to know more as to why you are wanting to use the connect and connect IQ applications for your 67i? 

• Interesting question. 

I use connect IQ to load apps and widgets to my devices,  and I also use connect for the LiveTrack Feature, which is currently broken on the 67 devices.

• Thank you JungleJim for your reply. I was able to pair the 67i with Connect using a mixture of your suggestions and the ones from the other users. At least in my case, I went ahead and deleted the pairing on both devices, deleted all Garmin apps, restarted the Iphone and downloaded only Connect. Once I opened connect, it offered different methods of pairing, In one, I was asked to look for the 67i from a list of compatible devices. In another, it showed my specific device as already registered in my Garmin account so it offered me to pair it from a different screen, Initially none of the pairing methods worked. I reattempted and evntually it worked. Once I paired with Connect, the pairing with Explore and Messenger was a breeze. Now that I have Connect and Connect IQ properly working and paired, I was able to use wikiloc app from within the GPS. In my case at least, the iphone problem is solved. I thank all the users who gave me useful replies and suggestions. As to the Mac issues, some of them still stand but the bulk of them can be solved with the third-party software workaround suggested by Garmin.

• Thumbsup glad you were able to get it working!

• Thank you Garmin-Leslie. Without them, I was not able to have the Wikiloc app in the GPS itself properly working. It kept asking me to use the Connect IQ app in my phone. Now that is solved thanks to the Connect pairing finally working for me.

• Just wanted to say that I am in the Apple ecosystem too and I had the same problem you did too. Honestly, Garmin has always had a veritable card deck of apps that all seem to be not part of their overall area to gain expertise. Whatever, it is what it is! In any event, just wanted to say I finally figured it out (even with the Apple bashing haha). Be well!