Half of my included Topo map is missing

Hi, I've got a 66i in UK.

It came with bundled Topo Europe maps.

Somehow I seem to have lost half of the map..I only see TopoActive Europe 2019.20, North East in my map list.

I'm sure I did, and should, also have access to the South West portion of the map.

I've tried "Reinstall Map" from within Garmin Express, this doesn't seem to help. I also just updated to 2019.20 from within Express, but again, only half the map is available to choose from.

Any ideas please?

• You can try doing a factory reset on the 66i to restore the maps, see: How to Reset the GPSMAP Handheld Devices. However, if the maps are still missing, contacting Product Support for direct assistance would likely be the next best step. 

• Tried...doesn't work unfortunately. I've found a tip elsewhere to try Garmin Express in windows rather than Mac.

I'll try that, if it works I'll post a bug report in the Garmin Express Mac forum.

• Did you verify that the map really does not display? I don't have any experience with the European TopoActive maps. However, I have noticed that Express and the device do not necessarily show the same thing when the map has more than one "part". You might try panning over to a location which you know is in the southwest portion. Zoom in and out to see if you can see the TopoActive map. (Be sure that the part you CAN see in map setup is enabled before testing.) If you can, you have an essentially cosmetic problem. Still a problem, but not one that would prevent you from using the map...

• Hi All.

For those experiencing this...the solution is to use Garmin Express on Windows. The Mac version seems to have a bug that is not installing the whole maps. Adding my device to Express on windows, and clicking "Reinstall Map" (exactly as you would on Mac) solved the problem completely....I now have both halves of my Topo Europe map (North East and South West) available on both my 66i and my Fenix 5+ 

Further info, it turns out my Express installation has not been updating (the auto-update feature fails to download properly) and from release notes it looks like this may have been solved in v. 6.19.1.0...so make sure Mac users are up to date,