This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Z82 not working from box

I’ve been gifted a z82 for Christmas, straight out the box and plugged it into charge had no response from the led light, but didn’t think anything of it left it to charge and it’s not turning on. I’ve tried different cables and plugs to see if that’s a problem and still nothing. Downloaded the software onto my computer and plugged it in to see if that worked. My computer doesn’t even pick it up when it’s plugged in. So it doesn’t switch on and it doesn’t charge and doesn’t get acknowledged when plugged into my computer. Straight from the box and doesn’t work any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks

• Make sure you use the original USB cable that is in the box.

Try holding down the first button (away from you near the white side) and then press the on button.

Keep the first button down and release the on button and you should be in the diagnostics menu.

You can see battery status etc. and do diagnostics.

If not working i think you should return it.

• When I do this, and press the on button, diagnostics only stays out a split second, then goes off.  Nothing stays on in order to run diagnostics

• Try connecting the z82 to your pc and see if you get into the folders of the Z82.

Try the Garmin express on the pc and connect the z82.

See if you get a green dot on the G.Express and if you can sync with it.

Make sure you use the original USB cable that came with the Z82.

If nothing works most likely the device has to be send back to Garmin.

Use your warranty and contact Garmin support here to get it going:

support.garmin.com/.../

• Everything that was suggested didn’t work, I just returned it to American golf and exchanged it for a bushnell range finder worth the same value 

• My computer didn't pick up my Z82, *until* I used the provided cable. Weird.