Sometimes my scorecards don't sync and I lose them completely

Once I play play a round with my S70 I make sure to end it and save the round. I then go to my Garmin Golf app and sometimes these rounds aren't even saved. This past round my Garmin Golf app didn't even recognize the round to be over (it asked to resume, save or delete and it also didn't show up in my scorecard page). I ended up restarting my phone. So what now I just lose that round? Does the S70 not hold any round information? And yes, I made sure the app was synced with the G70. 

This Garmin golf app has serious issues. I've lost like 2/5 rounds to this issue. 

• Additionally, I can see the "Last Round" display a score on the home screen of my S70 but that same score isn't in the Garmin Gold app.

• I also want to note that I think I can see all my scorecards in the "SCORCRD" directory when connecting my S70 to my PC, so I know that they're on the S70 but not all on the Garmin Golf app. 

• Make sure to keep score through the watch display. When finished with the round, male sure to end and save round. Then once the round has been saved on the watch, you can then open the Garmin Golf app to sync the watch, and transfer the scorecard. 

Then check and make sure that the Garmin Golf app is up to date (version 2.14) on your phone. Install any updates for the app through the App Store/Google Play Store searching, "Garmin Golf". 

• What you described is exactly what I did, and I still have lost rounds. Is there no way to get those rounds on the watch into the Garmin Golf app? Clearly, my watch still has those scores on the device memory. 

• Are you inputting score through the Garmin Golf app synonymously during the round, while recording though the watch?

If the live scoring feature is being used through the Garmin Golf app at the same time, and depending on what was done through the app vs what was done on the watch to end and save...that may also be the cause of the concern, but not sure in your circumstance. 

Once the score, shots, other data has been recorded through the watch, and the round ended...there is a .FIT file saved to the scorecard folder directly to the hardware storage in the watch. That .FIT file for the scorecard then stays stored on the watch until it is synced to your account through the Garmin Golf app, or Garmin Express. Once the scorecard has synced to your account, the .FIT file for the actual scorecard is no longer stored directly on the watch. 

The watch will keep the name of the course, date, and the score for the last round...but that info is not the actual scorecard. So if you are seeing the last round reflecting the missing scorecard, the only way to confirm if the scorecard file is still on the watch is to connect to a computer to view the device drive storage files > Then view GARMIN > SCORECARDS to see if there is a .fit file matching the creation date for the missing scorecard. 

• Had a similar issue for the 1st time last Sat.

I started a round on my watch but for some reason, the app on the phone was still on the previous game (same course), with the last 3 holes missing score information.
    Since I did not recall the last 3 holes, I've cancelled the round on the phone:
    - The open round on the watch was cancelled automatically,
    - I lost last round record on the phone app,
    - had to restart a new round on the watch.

So it seems that the watch is able to quit a round even if the score is not fully updated on the phone. 

• i've gotten this twice the last week. It seems like the app doesnt understand you completed the round on your watch. And NO I am not using the golf app on my phone at all during a round. But I get the same thing, I open the app, and it asks if i want to resume, save or discard. If i click resume or save, half the time it stopped tracking around hole 10 and i lose multiple holes of data. My watch still shows the full round, but it's not in the app

• You may need to view the storage files on the watch to confirm the scorecards missing were actually saved to the watch. 

To the device storage files on the Approach S70:

1. Connect the watch to a computer via USB.
    2. Open File explorer > Select the Approach drive from the "This PC" section and then open the Approach from the Devices and Drives section > You should then see a GARMIN folder to open revealing a bunch of sub-folders.
    3. Open the SCORE/SCORECARD folder to see if the .fit file is located showing a creation date from the days you are missing scorecards. 
    4. If the SCORECARD folder is showing a file with a creation date matching any of the missing dates the scorecards were recorded, open the Garmin Express program and add the watch to Express, then sync through the Express and see if the corded sync results in the scorecard files updating to the Garmin Golf app.