Very buggy watch! Very slow and almost not working recenly during the play

My S62 has been working great for long time. Recenly in Canada, it seems stop working properly with following issues:

1. "Searching for courses" took very long time, 10-25 minutes. Or even longer!

2. Distances numbers either changes like crazy, or just stuck. I can't use it properly on the course

3. I can oly use it to record scores, sad!

My software version is 4.3, I tried reset etc. Nothing works. Sometime it does work, but maybe last for a few hole. I goes crazy again.

This is recent problem. Any one else has similar issues?

I played yesterday with another guy. He has a S70, similar problem, but less severe, distances are also all wrong!

WE need help! I bought my watch in US. 

• If you have recently updated the course mapping, make sure to sync the S62 through the Garmin Golf app on your smartphone through the Garmin Devices menu. 

Syncing through the Golf App ensures that your device is getting updated satellite prediction data, which allows the watch to get a strong/faster satellite acquisition. You can check and make sure your satellite prediction data is up to date by: Tap middle button from time screen > Select Setting Gear > Select System > About >Scroll down to the bottom of the About menu, and check to make sure "Current EPO Info CPE: Current" and not showing "Expired". 

Next round, make sure to not select the "skip" option at the beginning of the round, while the watch is acquiring satellites on the screen, to allow for full satellite connection, to then display nearby courses. 

Also the front, middle, and back distances displaying on screen during the round will toggle between regular distances, and slope distances (PlaysLike Distances) when the distance values are tapped by the user on the display screen. 

Check and make sure your system settings have yards set for the Units of Distance: Main menu > Setting Gear > Select System > Units > Golf Distance = Yards and not meters. 

Also ensure that when you start the round, front, middle, and back distances are displayed on screen for the correct hole prior to teeing off on each hole. At the end of every hole, ensure that any information for score, stat tracking, or club prompt has been entered prior to hitting another shot, or teeing off on the next hole. 

If you continue to have concerns going forward, please reach out to Garmin Support, to discuss the concern more in-depth so the cause of the concern can be determined, for the best experience going forward. 

• I did find  "Current EPO Info CPE" on my watch, not the app. Sadly, It shows "Missing"! So how to fix it?

Thanks.

• Sync the watch to the Garmin Golf app on your smartphone, through the Garmin Devices menu. If that does not work, perform a soft reset on the watch by pressing and holding the middle button on the side of the watch until the display goes completely blank, and then release the button (takes about 10-15 seconds of holding down the button to force off). > Then power the watch back on, and sync through the app. 

If that does not resolve the concern, you may need to factory reset per the steps below: 

1. With the watch powered off, press and release Menu.
    2. Press and hold Action Back when the triangle appears.
    3. Release Action after the first vibration.
    4. Release Back after the second vibration.
    5. Wait for the watch to reset (this can take up to 15 minutes).
    6. Forget/unpair the watch from previously paired devices bluetooth settings menu in your smartphone settings. 
    7. Re-pair the S62 through the Garmin Golf app. 

If you continue having the concern, please contact Garmin Support to discuss the issue with live support, and they can proceed with providing you further solutions. 

• I did sync using my phone. I also did  a factory reset. None of them works. I called  live support too. Now I'm waiting for the software fix. Please release them ASAP. So many people aready have the same issue!

• Once available, the forums will be updated. We should have a resolution soon. 

• Thanks, badly need a fix!   More update: in a recent game, totally stop working, i.e., all distance numbers does not change, as if I'm always on the tee box.

• That is because your satellite prediction data has expired, so currently it does not have information to know which satellites are nearest in orbit to get a quick and reliable acquisition. 

We will be releasing an update with a solution soon, once the update is available, you will receive an email letting you know since your account has been added to the ticket. 

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Garmin Support for more info if needed. 

• Will v4.4 fix it? I can't download it yet.

• I used garmin express to find the download, it is still v4.3. When will I get 4.4?

• I am also in Canada.  I updated my S62 to Firmware v4.40 today.  I performed all the steps in Garmin-Cody's post above.  My CPE was also "Expired" until I started a Dummy round (with scoring) at a course I selected from a GPS search, entered a score for the first hole, saved the round, and synced to Garmin Golf app.  Finally the CPE Status has changed to "Current".