Explanation of golf performance statistics : "Classement" or "Ranking" compared to other players

On the Golf App, in performance statistics, what does the ranking ("classement") percentage number mean ? I have Drive 80%, compared to others of similar handicap... what does that mean exactly ? I cannot find any explanation for these numbers.

• [Removed] 

Removed per terms of use

• Again, quite easy.

If You are driving 180 yds, You will find fairway approx 100%, which is way better than most.

But You will be below 50% on distance.

Right?

59 yds old, hco 17,3, I drive average approx 200 yds.

Fine.I hit the fairway, 80-90 % percentile, and for my handicap approx 50% percentile on length.

I fully understand that a 20 yr old bloke will hit further, but I will hit the fairway more often.

When he gets better he will still hit longer, but he will have lower handicap, so he will not be compared to me anymore.

• That does not explain why someone driving the ball 270yards on average, has a driving distance ranking of less than 10%

• If it is a fairway miss it will not count I believe.

Or the stats show they are in the top 10%.

• The driving distance % is intended to be a % relative to driving the ball (distance) vs other Garmin users. The drive distance category is pulled from all user scorecards uploaded, and some contain incorrect data that has not been corrected by some users. For example, a user plays a par 4 or 5 hole and the watch or device doesn't detect the following shot or two, thus resulting in the distance being attributed to the driver. This is a limitation of the current system and is the most common scenario and is a user experience concern that we are currently in the process of tracking reports from users for future improvements. 

• Thankyou for this answer. This should be added to the support page that explains the percentiles. This will save a lot of frustration looking for answers on why the driver distance percentile is so inaccurate.