This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

s62 gps location information does not update

Hi

After reading all the negative experiences and failed solutions, I find myself in the same situation. My s62 provides hole distance but does not advance gps or hole location information

After using issue free bushnell, this is extremely disappointing and frustrating 

I have updated the watch via garmin express, and tested the gps via the walking feature. Even went to the retailer and got it swoped for a new one

This is really unacceptable garmin!! Really regret purchasing this watch... 

Top Replies

All Replies

• I purchased two Approach 62's one for myself and one for my wife. I updated both watches using Garmin Express and on a trip tried them for the first time. Neither watch would update GPS location and remained stuck on hole one. As I didn't have Garmin Express  with me I reset both watches and tried them again the next day. My wife's watch worked and again mine did not.  I called customer support when we returned home and I told them that my software version was 2.40 and my GPS was version 2.9. Their only advise was to update again. No mention that the GPS version I was using was way out of date. They told me to return the watch if the update did not work.

I think Garmin Customer Support needs to let people know that it may require multiple updates to get the correct GPS version. Garmin Express showed my watches were up to date even with GPS 2.9 and showed as not needing (or allowing) a software update. In order to get a software update I had to reset both watches to default setting and then upgrade again. After doing this I was able to actually get GPS 4.5. The watches now appear to be working correctly. A customer should not have to jump through these hoops to get a functional watch.

• Frustrating. Yes, it seems like the GPS update is key. I have the 4.4 version and have played several rounds he watch is tracking perfectly. I even added 3 CT10 for putter and 2 wedges. Also working well. 

• HI may i ask how you fix the problem? i couldnt find where i can update gps. my watch system vision is 2.30 now.

big headache for me....thx

• Update your watch using Garmin Express on your computer. If the update does not resolve the issue, the issue isn't a lack of an update, but more likely a device issue. It may still resolve by resetting your watch.

Here are both resets you can try on your watch:

- Soft Reset: hold down your middle right power button until it shuts off, then let go of the button

- Factory Reset: Use the instructions under "Restoring Defaults" within the Support Center article

If you continue to have a GPS issue, please contact our Golf Product Support with the information seen at the bottom of either Support Center article.

• I had the same issue. My wife and son got me s62 for my bday. Looks great.. Took the watch to play for first round after the lockdown rules relaxed.. great feeling to be playing again, only to be let down by my new s62. Gps will not advance after the shot and stay stuck at the same hole until unless you change the hole manually. No auto shot detection either. Quite disappointing user experience out of the box. Imagine buying a new car, a take for a spin - only to find out its needs to for service. 
    after stumbling upon this forum, I upgraded the software using garmin express and that fixed the problem. 
    It should have worked out of the box in my opinion- not a good user experience. Thanks Anil

• Feel the same way..wasted a entire weekend golf trip..will never buy garmin again..they even act as if this isn't a reaccuring problem as if we did something wrong...500 paper weight 

• I am sorry you experienced this issue and it resulted in a poor user experience. I am going to send you a private message so I can gather additional details. Thank you.