This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

s62 gps location information does not update

Hi

After reading all the negative experiences and failed solutions, I find myself in the same situation. My s62 provides hole distance but does not advance gps or hole location information

After using issue free bushnell, this is extremely disappointing and frustrating 

I have updated the watch via garmin express, and tested the gps via the walking feature. Even went to the retailer and got it swoped for a new one

This is really unacceptable garmin!! Really regret purchasing this watch... 

Top Replies

All Replies

• The walking gps feature does pick up location and distance

• Is there a known fix? Day one with my S62, and it was unusable on the course. It did not advance or track GPS?  My S60 has been flawless. 

• I did update to 2.40 and GPS 4.5 last night. It seems to acquire GPS, I am testing with the running app, since I am not on a golf course. I am hoping this fixed the issue. The OS UI is a complete overhaul from the S60. It is easier to learn than the previous golf app, especially the menu screen with the cryptic icons. 

• Did the software update and played again today. Strange that I had to select the course and then end and select again for the gps to enable... but it did and worked very well for the rest of the round. Hope there is s62 smooth sailing from here on out. Goodluck to you!

• I just had the exact same problem this afternoon - day 1 of usage. My S20 was perfect. Just got the S62 and screwed up my round screwing with the watch.

• Yep, that was my round on Sunday!

• Played 27 holes with the S62. Worked well. 

• Please make sure you are directly plugging your new Approach S62 into your computer and fully updating the device software and the 41,000+ golf courses installed. We are not seeing any pattern of GPS issues with the Approach S62 watch for customers that are fully updating their watch successfully.

How Do I Install Garmin Express?

• Just had the same problem today.  Was my first round as well.  Granted I had not updated the software so hoping that fixed it.  Was fun driving the cart and screwing around with my watch...Hope it works as the features look pretty cool.

• My golfing friend and I just purchased the S62 and same thing happened.  The GPS would not advance after teeing off from the 1st hole.  Has to enter everything manually.  This continued for the entire round.  We have fully updated the software thru Garmin Express and hope this takes care of the problem in our next round.  What is so disappointing is that no where prior to purchase does Garmin state this was a recurring issue and the purchaser should be aware of this.  Has to find this out after the fact.  This is a high end golf watch and represented as the state of the art.  If not corrected with the update you will lose two customers.