S62 Battery life

Hi. I just had my S62 for about 3 weeks. The first week I used it for two rounds of golf a walk lasting 2 hours battery only went down to 70%. However in the last few days, I’ve had to charge it every days as it went below 30% within 8 hours and that’s not using the GPS at all For golf or walking. The phone pairing had been switched off on the watch. Have I got a dud one. 

• I am sorry you are having battery drain issues on your new Approach S62. Please ensure you have fully updated your software. Also, hard reset your watch by holding down your power button until it shuts off, then let go. If your issue continues, please return it back to the retail or online store for another new S62. If you are outside of the vendors hardware return period, please contact our Golf Product Support team and we will gladly replace your watch.

• Could you tell me which is the power button on the Approach S62 please.

• Have you changed the watch face? Some watch faces seem to drain the battery quicker than others.  The power button is the middle one.

• Thanks for reply. I managed to work out the reset button. Also I have been using the default watch face since new. I’ll keep an eye on it for a couple of days thought. 

• Just as a note for you I upgraded from an S60 to the S62 and the battery life is otherworldly compared to the previous model. I can easily play 3 rounds at my course and probably 4 on a single charge although I haven’t tried that many. Hopefully your watch gets sorted out soon. 

• On the first week I had the watch, over three days, I played two rounds of golf and an hour and half walk using GPS. After that 3 days, the battery was still at 50%. Today I charged it to 100% and played one round of golf. No other activities using the GPS and now at 7 pm it’s down to 40%. I’ll have to charge it again tomorrow morning. Not good. 

• Definitely get with Garmin support. They’ve always treated me well which is why I’m a huge fan of the brand. 

• I would agree. When I had some issues w my S62, one phone call w Garmin support and a very professional guy came back w all the right answers to my issues.

Surprisingly great support! 

• Thanks all for your suggestions. As suggested by Garmin, I will contact the vendor first as I only had the S62 for only 3weeks. Interestingly, this morning I charged it till 100%. It stayed down to Joyout 89%until about noon then the battery deteriorated down to about 70% in an hour. I haven’t used the GPS at all. My backlight and notifications are switched off. phone pairing is switched off too. I definitely got a dud on, or one with a virus JoyJoyJoyJoy

• I thought I'd update on this issue.

I didn't have to replace my watch in the end. This is what happened.

I tried all the solutions suggested, such as resetting, changing watch faces etc and none of them helped. I was ready to replace it, in fact retailer The Golf Shop on line was excellent and willing to pick up and replace it. However, I held back from sending for a replacement and as a last resort, I switched of activity tracking and monitor the battery drain. Sure enough, the battery held up. Then I thought, what's the use of a sports watch withouyt activity tracking. I might as well buy a cheap digital watch.

So I then switched the Activity Tracking back on again and monitored the battery drain and for some reason, the battery held up. In fact the charge on my watch was only down to 40% after five days which included two 18holes golf and four walks using the GPS. Which was what it was like when I first got it. So I didn't get a replacement in the end but I am still baffled what cause the initial battery drain.

Anyway, I am pleased with the watch now.....