S62 Battery life

Hi. I just had my S62 for about 3 weeks. The first week I used it for two rounds of golf a walk lasting 2 hours battery only went down to 70%. However in the last few days, I’ve had to charge it every days as it went below 30% within 8 hours and that’s not using the GPS at all For golf or walking. The phone pairing had been switched off on the watch. Have I got a dud one. 

• I know this is an old thread, but I have had this problem just this week, the watch was bought in December, so 2 and a half months ago. Yesterday I charged the watch to 100%, and today, just 24h later, no GPS or golf rounds, it is down to 43%.

I have done what Remaja suggests above, and will check it closely to see any evolution.

• Good luck with that. My watch has has no battery problems for a few years now and even now I the battery has held up pretty well. By the way, I only connect it to the phone when I am downloading games etc and the disconnecting it from the phone when it’s finished. 

• My 24h update. The battery has gone down from 43% to 34%. This seems more reasonable.i shouldn't need to charge it through the weekend.

• Consider settings that affect battery drain variably like bluetooth connection to a smartphone (frequency of notifications, syncing, weather, etc.).Check the backlight % you have enabled as well in the System settings of the watch, as the watch comes preset with 20% enabled due to the transflective display being highly visible and reflective in direct light. The gesture feature when you lift your wrist to turn on the backlight also contributes to battery drain, in conjunction with the timeout seconds for the display being increased. 

Also downloading 3rd party content from the iQ Store to the watch like watch faces, widgets, and apps also can affect the battery drain depending on the data being displayed constantly on a watch face. iQ Store content also has a requirements section which is going to require data derived from the smartphone in order to populate and display most features from those downloads. 

Sensor settings like using PulseOx during sleep will also increase the drain of the battery. 

Check out the Tips to Extend the Battery Life on a Garmin Fitness Watch support page on the site for further suggestions as well. 

• Hi Cody, thanks for your suggestions. But none of those are the cause for the battery drain. The way the watch is used, and the settings, hasn't changed, no additional faces. 

In the last 24 h, give or take, another 9-10% of battery has gone. I don't know if this is the right rate of battery usage (around 9%/day), but it sures beats 58% drain in one day. So, for the moment, I will keep it as it is.

• Hi,  I am the proud owner of the S62 watch and love it.  But after a few years of use,  I can not get a charge on the watch.  For the price of the watch, I would think the battery would last longer than 3 or 4 years.  Called Garmin and was advised they would replace the watch or repair the battery at a charge of $150+ as it is not under warranty anymore.  I can't imagine having to pay any additional amount for a faulty battery.  And from what I can tell,  you can't replace it yourself.  So I find myself in this pickle.  Has anyone ever been in a similar situation ?  If so,  was there any resolution ?  I am willing to try just about anything as I love the watch,  but I don't feel I should have to buy a new watch or pay for a faulty battery.