This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why is the watch not able to calculate VO2 Max?

Why is the Garmin Approach S62 not able to calculate VO2 max when watches for over a third of the price is able to do it like the Garmin Vivomove HR? Also for example the Garmin Fenix 6 is able to do it and from the looks of it it's the exact same heart rate monitor used on the Fenix 6 as the Approach S62.

• - I have not been able to confirm what you have stated. I double checked all software update release notes also and spoke with all my escalation sources to confirm. I have been advised it was intentionally not added for sleep purposes and was only ever intended to be for spot checking. If I ever learn otherwise or future changes are made, I will always gladly update information.

• FAO Garmin - Chris.    

Chris, now that pulse ox sleep tracking has been added can I just check if there are any plans to add the VO2 max measurement to the S62? 

I appreciate the S62 is not within the fitness range and will not have all the same features, but for me if this measurement was added the S62 would be perfect for most golfers who also have some interest in running and general fitness. 

I can understand that there needs to a be a degree of separation between product lines but I do feel disappointed not to have this feature after spending all the money on the S62.  Given the initial price of the S62 I will not be purchasing another garmin fitness watch just to get this feature, so I do feel a little bit short changed.  I feel this should come as standard with the heart rate monitor given the main purpose of it is to measure the intensity of workouts.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

• They want you to buy a 500$ watch to play golf and a 500$ watch for running 

• I agree it would be nice to have additional functionality built into the Approach S62 Golf watch. Since I already have your contact information working with you recently, I will be happy to send a feature request report to our Approach S62 engineers through your customer account.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Right 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Former Member

would  be use full to planify season !!!!!!!!

• I've found there is a VO2 datafiled on the IQ app that can be added to the S62, which calculates your RT VO2 during a running sessions. rather disappointing that Garmin don't include this as standard as its only a simple calculation?

apps.garmin.com/.../6ca43b8e-f2a6-43bc-ba9d-eab173ad3f2a

• VO2Max really isn't a simple calculation if you want a reasonably accurate result.  That data field may give you an estimate that is acceptable to you, but definitely won't have the information that the FirstBeat algorithms uses.  

Adding features like VO2 Max aren't free to Garmin.  Now that Garmin owns FirstBeat, probably a bit cheaper, but it still involves significant development time on each watch to integrate the functionality.  Plus all the testing time.

• Hi Chris, 7470283 stated that pulse ox sleep tracking has been added to the S62. I do not have his function. Do I have to activate something?

• - I see you figured out the setting needed turned on in your newer post. Excellent.