This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Editing smart replies

Why is "out golfing" not included in smart text replies but "out cycling" and "out running" are included. The settings to edit the responses do not seem to be available for in Garmin connect for this device. Anyone else have the same problem or am I missing something?

Top Replies

All Replies

• There must be something wrong with the app on my phone. I am using a Pixel 2xl running stock Android 10. I've been through every menu option multiple times in the Connect app as well as the Golf app. When I get to the sounds and alerts area there is only "Phone notifications" and "Do not disturb during sleep.". Clicking the phone notifications button does nothing.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Rebooted my phone. Etc. What's next? 

• Hmmm... We will gladly look into this further for you. I have sent you a Private Message to gather what is needed to proceed. Thank you!

• There is the same problem. 

My phone is android samsung A8. and watch  S62.

• EDITED to clear since there is a newer update below.

• Any update on this issue?

• Yes. The current configuration for the Android APP for the Approach S62 does not incorporate the editing of auto replies within the Connect APP itself for Android phone users. This makes the Connect APP consistent with the default behavior of all iPhones.

• Are the engineers still working on a fix for this issue as you stated on March 26?  Or are we supposed to just accept that a feature is not available to us because when iPhone users don't have the feature anyway, then it's not a priority to fix for Android users?

•  

Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for pointing out my above post so I could correct it.

When I submitted the request as a potential bug, the end result was learning the Android APP will remain the same for functionality as the iOS APP and it was by design vs. an accidental bug.

• Ehm and what's the reason behind that, sounds like a really really stupid decision (I guess this counts for all your different watches and not just the Approach S62, cause otherwise it's even more stupid)? If it is to make it behave like the iPhone app it's really really stupid as I already wrote, but then make it possible to edit in the Garmin Express program or on the Garmin Connect site or in the watch itself atleast!

Like WHY would you force something that is a total set back in terms of funcionality cause of the heavy restrictions that Apple is having on their system?! Why punish a majority of your users because of another companies stupid decisions?!

And I know as said you probably don't have a say in what is functions are being added and removed, and I'm not angry at you but the guys who are in charge of these stupid decisions, but even you can't deny that this decision is really stupid! I mean there isn't even a "Playing Golf, can't answer" as an option in a golf watch!

It's such a shame, you have some of the best watches in every category but you make these small decisions like this and the Sleep Tracker that is just plain stupid and makes no sense.