S60 Locating satellites

Hi, I have recently, in the last few weeks, upgraded from a GolfBuddy WTX to a Garmin S60 GPS watch.

On the whole, I am delighted with the product, however, it really seems to take far to long to locate satellites. It can take over 10 minutes which is far too long. To put some context this, in the first occasion I used the watch, it wasn’t until I was on the  2nd green until it finally found a satellite. Therefore I have to remember to try to locate satellites when I park my car at the golf club to have any chance of it working from the 1st tee.

My old Golfbuddy used to take less than 2 minutes to work.

For comparison, I have a friend who has purchased a S70 we both turned on Golf Mode at the same time yesterday. His watch was up and running in less than a minute whilst mine was still still trying to locate for more than 15 minutes.

i have upgraded the software but this really is not acceptable.

For information the settings show the watch is on SW Version 8.9

Can you please come advise what I can do as I feel I should return the watch as not fit for purpose.

Many thanks

• The support article is referring to other newer Approach products, and is not relevant to the About section of the S60.

This statement is not correct. In my screenshot, I have clearly marked with an arrow that this is the S60. I have explicitly called up the article for the S60.
    Support articles for other products can be called up on the left-hand side below the S60 by clicking on the "Change Product" field.

This is clearly the support article for S60. 

If this is not the case, I would be grateful for an explanation as to why the article can be found in the S60 section.

• I would be happy to submit a request for an edit to that article noting the S60 as an exception.

How old is the S60? If this article has been incorrect since the S60 was introduced, I wonder why no one at Garmin has noticed this yet.

Are the support articles not checked for accuracy ?

• The S60 was released in 2017. The article content is relevant in terms of all other information it provides... but in terms of referencing CPE from the watch menus...that is not available on the S60. That is the only part of the article that is incorrect...as the article is used for many different watches in the support center database and not just the Approach S60. 

• That is the only part of the article that is incorrect...as the article is used for many different watches in the support center database and not just the Approach S60. 

The support article in general describes several devices, but each device in this article has its own section.

If you want to read the support article for another device, you have to leave the S60 article via the tab "change device" and then have the choice to switch to the corresponding article of another device (see my screenshot above).

This means that you have to select the desired device manually by clicking on the corresponding tab.

This is what I have done. And there in the special S60 section it is mentioned that you can call up the CPE on the watch. This section does not affect any other device and refers EXCLUSIVELY to the S60.

In comparison, you could also take an example from Ford. The support article refers to "CAR". And there I have to search for and select the corresponding model. For example "Mustang". The article contained there then refers exclusively to Mustang. And not to Ranger, or any other model.

Note: I would like to point out that my statements above refer exclusively to research in the support article and that I do not own the S60 myself.

Garmin-Cody is a Garmin employee and owns the device himself. Therefore his statement is correct. It is NOT possible to check the status of the EPO/CPE on the watch.

Many thanks for your support .

Thank you for your PM in which you confirmed that you had arranged for the S60 section to be corrected.

Kind Regards

• Hey I also use this watch and absolutely love it. I have never had an issue with getting the webpage to load but two different times I have had my score be calculated incorrectly on the webpage but then the mobile app has it correctly added. Could not ever figure out how to fix it. Nice write up though man, I don’t think I have ever seen anybody else with an S60 other than myself.