Distance wrong on approach s60.

I have had measurements done by the course maintenance staff and fellow golfers using other garmin golf gps, and none ever agree with the distance from my fairway shot to the centre of the green. It reads on average 15 yards shorter. What can I do to get the right distance? For the cost of the s60 it should be much more accurate. May be you should send me a new GPS that shows the correct distance?????

Top Replies

All Replies

• Sorry that you are having the same issues although good to know it's not just me. Yours seems even worse. At least mine is close on 70% of holes. I don't play a lot of different courses so not sure if it's my course that's the problem. I think Garmin will accept problems as long as sales are good. 

• Make sure your watch is connected regular to the Garmin connect app and also use Garmin express to get the latest GPS data cache on your watch.

When the watch travels more then 300 km or has not been used for 30 days it need to be done to improve the GPS reception. 

More info here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=OZtEqTc2sI8vcIyEK7Zdy7

Maybe when the watch has been bought it has traveled beyond this 300 km range by courier and the first initialization has not been done properly. I am guessing here not sure about it. 

Try factory resetting the watch. Then before searching for GPS signal connect the watch to the Garmin express and install latest sw. or at least sync to get the latest GPS cache data onto the watch.

Go outside in clear sky to get your GPS fix. Maybe this helps improved reception.

Also, you can find in the Garmin IQ connect store app to see your GPS data if the signal is good or weak to get maybe more insight into it.

Use this link to go the IQ store with search=GPS

apps.garmin.com/.../search

• I am experiancing the same thing, Im currently checking the yardage on my watch and having to club up to make sure im reaching the green is the reading is off by a good 10-15 Yards. I always keep the watch up to date and make sure i search for the course on GPS before i play. The odd few holes are quite close but majority are extreemly bad. I up graded from a Garmin S3 and i have gone out wearing both of the watches and the Garmin S3 is much more Accurate. How can this be resolved? the shop i purchased it from has already replaced one in the hope that it was a defective watch but this other one does exactly the same, this does not fill me with confidence. 

Is there any way i can get this fixed?

• Unfortunately its been my experience that you are stuck with this issue. I have posted and messaged Garmin all to no avail. Any suggested fixes have failed to correct the issue. I am in my third season and use it as a stat tracker. My advice would be next time get a Skycaddie. 

• I have exactly the same issue with my S60, always shows way longer to the green. Really annoying as I love the watch

• Hi JD, 

I have fixed the issue on mine, it wasn’t very clear but if you go into settings on the farm in golf app make sure golf distance units are yards. Only having this set does not work if units of measure is set to metric it will over ride the golf distance setting and you will be in meters on your watch. Change unit of measure to statute uk and you will probs find it works correctly. 

Hope this helps and fixes your issues 

• My S60 shows 10-15yds to long against both my 2 friends S6 (that i had prior to S60) ive checked against fairway plaques as well. Its a nightmare. Have reset & also deleted & reinstalled the garmin golf app too just in case. As im checking sgainst other watches, that we know are accurate from the course plaques i want garmin to send me a new watch but no chance of that. Im going to switch brands.  

• Try my above reply and see if it works 

• thanks but everything has always been set to UK yards. even when I have reset everything and apps, I make sure its uk yards. 

• I live in South Africa. We use the metric system and my S60 is out by 10 - 15 metres resulting in me having to use the distances on the course. Any way you can assist please