Lets push Garmin to update S60 to S62 functionality ( see re:S62 below)

see re:S62 below

• Agree they should update the software for the S60 otherwise they are ripping off current customers

• When will Garmin update the S60 software to match the S62

• I think, that they should further update the S60 and continue to add functionality to the gof app (e.g. distance to hazards, caddy) and fix issues (e.g. Stableford) or system bugs. I mean, the golf app is an app - thats all. It's just software - and no doubt, this should be continued to be updated beyond 3 years after release (maybe 5 years).

The S62 offers some additional hardware features, such as longer lasting battery, slightly larger display, heart rate measurement, that should attract new buyers.

• They are not going to do it, they want us to pay $800 for the new watch. Nothing will get fixed on s60 they will say to update to new watch. They don’t care about us who good money for S60

• That being the case I will switch to Apple Watch 

• I think, it's really about the fundamental strategy and philosophy of Garmin vs. Apple.

Garmin appears to me more like a hardware company, which happens to offer tailor made software just for their devices. It's not an open platform, that they leverage to make more money with software. There is no such thing like an Garmin Wearable OS. Every device is different. There is even a surprisingly huge difference between the US and Asia Pacific Version of the S60 - with no way to change that. Yes, there are Apps - but the offering is ridiculous. So the question is, whether they will stick with this hardware driven approach or if they are more open to selling software.

I'd be prepared to buy an upgrade of the golf app for a decent price if would be offering significant improvements - but not for the S62.

What we've seen from the S62 so far appears to me more like bugfixes and a gradual upgrade of the S60. I mean - most buyer were surprised to learn, that the S60 was not capable to show distances to hazards, as previous models did. Stableford and calculation of local handicap in Europe are still not working (which is being offered by many free iPhone apps). And the statistics of the golf shot distances is still crap and gives completely nonsense results with no chance to edit or exclude the data (example: Longest shot for my Putter: 432m).

If Garmin would stop upgrading the S60 to S62 software level (at least in the Golf app) and would instead try to leverage these bugfixes and gradual improvements just to sell new devices - then very likely many of us (with me among them) will say good bye, asta la vista, auf Wiedersehen - and switch to Apple Watch. It's as simple as that.

Apple Watch became so good and seamless integrated in the iPhone / iPad world (which most golfers have anyway) - why stay with something so inflexible and clunky like Garmin?

• The way Garmin response or rather not response on our complaits ( not only on current topic but many earlier too) tells me everything about this company. Since I already have Golfsot Pro installed on my iPhone  I will buy Apple Watch tomorrow and start testing.  I didnt consider this option so far but it looks like Garmin doesnt care of me so why should I care.  Knowing different Apple aproach as Harvey wrote above once I switch to Apple+Golfshot they will do their best to keep me forever.  It  reminds me the situation at mobile phones market in 2007 .  Nokia had excellent hardware but made many mistakes in software policy.  iPhone came to the market and started to steal customers from Nokia.  Once people  reseated from Nokia to iPhone they NEVER went back.   Where is Nokia now ??? .  Garmin - you are making big mistake.  Why dont you learn from Nokia ?

BTW Your Garmin Golf and Garmin Exprees apps are already crapp. 

• I agree with the other posts Garmin has the opportunity to update the s60 with a simple software update, the additional functionality of the s62 will undoubtedly attract new customers ie larger display ,better battery ,heart monitor etc 

If Garmin does not update the s60 it would send a very clear message to people buying the new s62 that they do not value their customers and it is likely they would not support updating the s62 in future!

I have a s60 and g80 both premium products, great pieces of kit so I am buying into Garmin however if my loyalty is not being recognised and rewarded I may have to look at alternatives.

Garmin has an opportunity to buck its trend here, commit to supporting your customers now and for future software updates or you will lose customers...if that is what you want keep doing what you are doing

• I'm going to switch to a Apple Watch if they don't update the software soon. There hasn't been a update in 6 months, while all the good ideas and bugfixes discussed on this forum now have been implemented in a new watch. At least the Apple Watch will get software updates, even when a new watch comes out. 

• Since S62 got the function for 'Manual Lap' and the S60 share the same number of physical buttons it must be possible to finally get this added to the S60? Please Garmin!