Garmin Approach R10 way to short on cold days

Hello dear Garmin Golf Team,

I have a problem with my Garmin R10.
It is displaying shot values that are clearly way to short.

Normally I hit a 7 iron between 130 and 150 meters, depending on the impact.

During the last few (very cold) days, the R10 only showed me approx. 100 - 120 meters.

I have now tried various things.
- Recalibrating the R10
- The same values at E6 look good
- The enviroment is very cold (round about -5 to 0 degrees celsius)

Altogether I would say that I have a lack of distance of arround 20-30 meters over all clubs. 

The strange thing is that the values were very accurate the months of use before.

• Yes, it is strange. 

I got round about 10 sessions that were realy bad (missing 20-30 meters is realy bad). 

My last session was perfect again. All values were good - no missing meters. 
    So I startet to compare the data (that I exported from Garmin Golf App). 

The only difference I could find is that the bad sessions took place on very cold days (-5 to 0 degrees Celsius). Maybe there is a problem on the calculated carry if the temprature is low? 

• The Altitude is the setting that most greatly affects the distance in the Garmin App.  I have the Elevation adjusted in the E6 connect software to 7000 feet, and if using just the Garmin driving range I set the Altitude to 6000 feet to get the most accurate distances.  I live at about 1100 feet but I've found I need to adjust it higher to get more accurate results.

• I noticed the same the last couple days outdoors.

Everything from long iron to Driver is completely off. My friends Driver usually goes 240-250m outside, the garmin was between 180 - 190..

my 7 Iron is stuck at ~130m - usually it goes ~155.

Data says measured, but something is off big time.. 

• When You do a range setting in Garmin Golf app, the app defaults to local weather conditions. Which means if You are playing in cold weather, the app will know, and reduce Your lengths.

That is not strange at all.

What is strange is that Garmin does not listen to their users, and make it easier to use same weather conditions and altitude every time as default, which again would make training sessions comparable.

If You forget in to change weather conditions and altitude, You are screwed.

One training can be in 15 degree C, 8 m/s downwind. Next can be 0 degree, 8 m/s headwind, and voila, You loose 30 yards easily.

• I already found that information on YT - but it is not the problem. The data on warm days is pretty accurate.

• Hey 

thank you for your reply, but I do not think that this is the problem here. 
    I am totaly with you that it would be better if you could fix the values like on the trackman to a fixed setting (is is basicly possible but you have to do it manualy). 

In general I think it is a good thing that the garmin golf app is using the weather conditions on your location automaticaly. 

I am pretty shure that the weather conditions settings are not the probleme because I changed everything manualy (you only got 3 values: elevation height, humidity and temp.). 

Wind is not part of the weather settings on range mode. 

• It's pretty simple to test.  Start a range session on a cold day ( 0c) using your local weather conditions. Note distances.

Exit the app and start a new range session changing the Temperature setting to 22C.  Note distances

I would prefer the app to use the same Altitude, Humidity and Temp by default, and allow me to adjust to local weather conditions if desired.  I live in Minnesota, so It could be -30C!

• Totally agree.

Not a problem when using GSPro as these settings are set in a config file. So will be same every time unless You change.

So I can directly compare session for progress, regardless of outside temperature and wind conditions.