Garmin Approach R10 way to short on cold days

Hello dear Garmin Golf Team,

I have a problem with my Garmin R10.
It is displaying shot values that are clearly way to short.

Normally I hit a 7 iron between 130 and 150 meters, depending on the impact.

During the last few (very cold) days, the R10 only showed me approx. 100 - 120 meters.

I have now tried various things.
- Recalibrating the R10
- The same values at E6 look good
- The enviroment is very cold (round about -5 to 0 degrees celsius)

Altogether I would say that I have a lack of distance of arround 20-30 meters over all clubs. 

The strange thing is that the values were very accurate the months of use before.

• Are you using a "Custom" location so you can change the temperature to a higher value instead of the colder temperature from where you live

?

• If You're playing with local conditions in Garmin, it is not only temperature that may affect Your distances. 

One day You may have headwind, the next tail.

Not always noticed.

Regarding temperature, 10 degree celcius change may affect distance 3-4 meters. Wind more.

• I tried a lot of things about the temprature and the humidity. Nothing seems to work. 

Right now I know more people with exactly the same problems. 

Here you see a good strike on i6 -> It was 160 m of carry in real. 

That is some shots later in E6 with the same club.

• I had a look into the data that was collected by the Garmin Golf App. 

An old session shows me by lower swing speed and lower ballspeed (accodingly lower smashfactor) longer distances than on the newer sessions with higher swingspeed and higher ballspeed and as well higher smash factor... 

See here: 

Old session values: 

Club Swingspeed (km/h) Ballspeed (km/h) Smash Carry
    Driver 163.95380425045732 234.29964589278825 1.4290589167108925 191.72323608398438

The carry was pretty accurate on that measurement. 

New session values: 

Club Swingspeed (km/h) Ballspeed (km/h) Smash Carry
    Driver 171.37420352898152 246.3442592211759 1.4374640648848647 193.83358764648438

Nearly 20-30 meters of carry are missing.... 

@Garmin: Maybe the App got some problems? 

• The more I look into the data (csv export) and compare to the data I got from trackman I see that there is a lack of distance. 

The swing speed and the ball speed seems to be pretty good (I got +-2 mph difference from Trackman to R10) what is nearly perfect. 
    When it comes to spin the difference is bigger but not bad at all (I would estimate that it is +-500 rpm difference). 

All together the measured values looks good. The calculated carry seems to be wrong. 

The carry values are 20-30m lower on Garmin R10 (not only on my R10 - a friend of mine got the same problem) ... does anyone have the same problem? 

• If the environment is literally that cold, I would chalk it up to the golf balls just being played in winter temps. No different than playing out on the course. Sorry, a cold golf ball isn't going to come out as hot. 

• Nope that is not the point. I see that the balls are getting longer - garmin golf "sees" the swing speed as well very fast. 
    The caluculated carry is wrong. 

Compared to Trackman the calculated carry is 20-30 m short. 

To what I see - R10 is 20-30 m short. 

Because of cold balls and rangeballs I loose 10 meters (on Trackman as well) 

• How do You compare Your data with trackman? Outdoor Trackman range?

Ball speed is normally measured very accurate by R10.

Spin is the next factor affecting carry a lot. Have You tried a metal dot on the ball or RCT balls?

• Hi

I made both: 
    Trackman Range and Trackman Device as well. 
    Ballspeed seems to be perfect. 
    Spin +-500 rpm 

I don*t used metal dots or RCT balls because I only use the R10 on the range. 

• Kind of strange. Indoor the spin is calculated unless using RCT/dots and usually too high. Outdoor the backspin is actually more accurate as the radar tracks the ball way further. Even more strange as the ball speed is correct. Do You see any difference in launch angle? If the ball speed, spin and launch angle are similar to Trackman numbers, then it's down to the algorythm.

You are not using the premium ball compensation on the trackman?  This will give You the 20-30 yards longer distance that the R10 actually measures.