Auto detect clubs with CT10

I think this is an essential function that can't be that hard to develop. It would make a huge improvement in driving range statistics.

• The Approach CT-10 sensors pair using ANT+ and cannot pair via Bluetooth to a smartphone. They must be paired with a compatible Garmin device that can pair sensors using ANT+, which is currently our golf products designed to be used while playing on an actual golf course using GPS. 

The CT-10 sensors currently have no option for pairing with a smartphone, and due to their intended design prior to release of the Approach R10...are not compatible for use with Approach R10 features. 

I will reach out to you directly to confirm some additional info regarding the feature you are requesting. 

• I'd be interested in that addition info as well if possible?

I've seen your similar response to other threads I think and had some thoughts, probably already gone over by your engineers and there's some blockage but...

I get that CT10's use ANT+ rather than BT, and most phones don't have ANT+ support, but presumably anyone with CT10's also has a Garmin watch of some form (I have the Epix Gen 2 personally, plus the CT10's and recently the R10), and that Garmin watch does have BT and already connects to the Garmin Golf App.

So my thought would be something along the lines of:

Grab a club waking up the CT10, that then gets detected by/connects to the Epix Gen 2 which relays that to the Garmin Golf app via BT which could update the club on the Sim session/R10.

Also thinking about it it could work the opposite way, it would be great to have an app on the watch that could display Sim data fields from the R10/Garmin Golf on the watch screen rather than having to look at the phone screen.

• Or Garmin just needs to add ANT+ to the next version of the R10 

• Auto club detect via CT10s would be great feature within the Garmin ecosystem. Just bought my R10 and S70 watch and CT10s and was shocked this wasn’t already a feature!