No more updates?

It's been 9 months since the last update, is that it? It's this another piece of unsupported tech like my Fenix 5 became?

Won't be outlaying on Garmin products anymore, a 2 year support package might cut it on phones but not on watches and launch monitors.

Never did get the most simple and most asked for feature, just measure the clubhead speed without a ball....

• The Approach s70 just released. Devs have been working on that, I presume.

I started that CHS thread, and wish they'd done it.

• The Approach R10 is still supported, which includes the potential for future software update releases, and feature requests. 

The request you mentioned has been submitted for possible consideration per the response in the Feature Request: Clubhead MPH without ball impact post thread. 

• Yes it is quite unfortunate... Haven't hit woods with it essentially since 4.3 update. Irons still be great but really wish I could practice/play sim golf with the entire bag.

• Cody,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to inquire about the next update for the R10. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to use the device throughout the winter due to an injury, and when I finally plugged it in, I realized there haven't been any updates for the last nine months.

Could you please provide some insight into what is currently being worked on for the R10? It would be really encouraging for us users to have something to look forward to. At this point, it feels like development for this product line may have come to a halt, and any detailed information (beyond a generic response) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Erik

• Updates related to features for the Approach R10 are released through the Garmin Golf app, and have not been released directly in the version of firmware update to the Approach R10...this is why the firmware version for the Approach R10 has remained listed as version 4.30 for some time now. 

We do not have any current announcements regarding future updates, as we do not list potential update details until software is released for install. To view changes related to the Approach R10 and golf sim please reference the changelog offered for the Garmin Golf app version details in the app store on your phone, as details regarding the changes will be listed through that source. 

• Cody,

The lack of detailed version history and release notes from Garmin Golf is quite disappointing. While the generic message about "creating a better experience, improving performance and fixing bugs" is well-intentioned, it's vague and uninformative.  The app store has the same message for the last 2 years in the App store so I suggest not sending people there for information on updates as there is nothing.
    As customers, we deserve more transparency about what specific issues are being addressed or what new features are being implemented. It's hard to make informed decisions about continuing with Garmin's products when we're left in the dark. I'm sure YOUR developers have a list of what has been added and fixed and should therefore either be posted in the App store or sent to you so you can disseminate when asked.

I hope Garmin realizes that clear communication is key to retaining loyal customers like us. A company should value constructive criticism aimed at improving their products and services.  Garmin could dominate the lower to mid-tier launch monitor market, but instead, we're faced with a concerning lack of details on updates and reports of lackluster customer service.  It's disheartening to read reviews suggesting people go with competitors' products, especially when Garmin has the potential to excel in this space. It feels like a missed opportunity, and one that could very well cost them dearly if they don't course-correct soon.

This is well intentioned and not just bitching.
    Erik
  • Why has there not been an update for the correct club orientation on the ball impact screen for leftys? It is frustrating looking at the right handed club picture and trying to mirror it mentally!

• The discussion for those requesting left-handed graphics can be found through forums post: R10 For Left Handed Golfers 

Per the current update on that post, if any announcements become available regarding that feature, they will be communicated through the post or through email from those that have expressed wanting the change added.