R10 sudden distance problem

The distance for no reason I’m aware of has dropped by 10 - 20%. I have reset the garmin, repaired the device, synced the garmin on express, reloaded the software app and nothin has worked. Has anyone experienced this?

+

• The very same problem here.

Awesome Golf range has always worked for me and now suddenly every club is down about 10-20%. 

All software is up to date. There is obviously something going on here.

• Has anyone contacted Garmin support about this? We need to report the bug 

• I'm experiencing this as well. Missing about 15-20% distance... The bug seems to be Garmin software department. It's just ridiculous how many bugs they introduce but seems to have a hard time acknowledging they've done something wrong. (I have other garmin products that gets these bugs, mostly Fenix 6 pro)

So frustrating when something actually works they release some update that fixes nothing and doesn't improve it any particular way. 

• If you notice the distance seems shorter, check the radar-based metrics being provided for the specific shot. Launch angle, club head speed, and ball speed all factor into the carry distance value being shown for each shot during sessions. Spin will also be radar derived if enough spacing is allowed for ball flight. Compare the club head speed, ball speed, launch angle. 

For the shots that you have distance concerns on, compare that same club to a historically saved session, that contains a shot from the same club showing distance you feel you should be hitting. Then directly compare what the shots are showing for club heed speed, ball speed, launch angle, carry distance (without roll). If any of the radar derived metrics differ, the two shots are were not consistent, and should explain the decrease in distance. 

If users notice distance is off, the following spacing adjustments should be attempted:

• Elevate the R10 about 1-2 inches higher, than what it is currently set at. Especially if lower launch angles are present early in the ball flight for the users individual swing.
    • If possible make adjustments to the spacing between the radar to the shot location. Make sure to adjust the distance asked in the menu prior to starting a range session accordingly for any changes in the spacing amount/ 
    • Increase the distance from the shot location to the target location to allow for a longer radar capture of the ball flight.
    • Perform calibration per the instructions in the Garmin Golf app with a level.  
  • Cody,  Regarding your 2nd bullet item.  In the "Preparing for the Shot" section of the R10 manual indicates that we are allowed a 2 foot x 2 foot area to hit from after the R10 is lined up "

"If necessary, you can move the tee location up to 1 ft. (0.3 m) on either side of the target line, within a 2 x
    2 ft. (0.6 x 0.6 m) hitting area that begins 6 ft. (1.8 m) from the device.
    This may be helpful if your tee location becomes worn during a golf simulator game mode session"
    1) How critical is the Ball to R10 setting ?
    Does that mean we have to adjust the Ball to R10 distance setting if we move the ball 1 foot farther way from the R10?  My setup allows 8.5 feet from ball to net. I need to move the ball up a foot when I use a wedge to prevent the odd shot from going over the net on a mishit.   It's a bit much playing a sim round to reset it going to & from a wedge
    2) Is the Ball to R10 setting required when I Use E6.  That would be more extreme because I'd have to go from E6 back to the Garmin app to reset the Ball to R10 setting.
  • For simulation purposes, there is one foot of space from left to right from the direction the R10 is facing, where you can have the ball deviate from the lineup indicator on top of the R10.

I have found the one foot spacing forgiveness listed on that graphic you mentioned, to be more ideal for ball location is more ideal when using the R10 on an Outdoor driving range, when hitting off of real grass...as it allows you to move the ball a bit for a better lie when divots are created, without having to walk back and move the R10, wake it up on the app, and then walk back to take another shot. 

When using the R10 indoors, with the ball flight distance being limited when hitting from the shot location, to the target location into a screen...it is best to keep a straight line from the lineup indicator on the R10, in line with the ball in the shot location, in line with the target you are aiming the shot into the screen. This is much more feasible indoors, as a hitting mat if used, so no divots requiring the ball to be moved. This also ensures knowing the unit is perfectly lined up for launch direction, and if you have a target marker you are aiming at, you can better assess you consistency in aiming your shot.

The ball to R10 setting should not be applicable, unless e6 begins asking prior to using a simulation feature. 

• I've only used the R10 indoors so far & try to keep the R10 in line with the ball.  I'm still not sure what effect there is on the Garmin app range if I move the ball 1 foot farther way from the R10 & do not change the Ball to R10 setting. The units in the setting are in feet & inches. Thanks.

• The final sentence is hitting the nail on the head. The crux of all my complaining right now... Had this unit for almost 2 years and it was working as advertised indoors and outdoors for me (hit it against a Trackman too and was blown away) and then 4.3 was introduced many many many moons ago and everything changed and no updates to speak of. Fixed something that was not broken in my eyes and no option to revert back, nor any updates to fix.