Garmin R10 cannot turn on and charge

Hi, i have my garmin R10 about 1.5 months and used it regularly on indoor home driving.

Yesterday i found my garmin to be dead and cannot be turn on, try to charged it but no Led shows up.

I try hold the button for 30 second but only 1 blink of white Led and nothing happens after.

Last time i used it was about 2 weeks ago and i leave it on my bag bcos i went out of country. Battery maybe around 50% when i left it.

Anyone have this kind of problem and know how to fix it?

• Don't know how to fix it, but here is what happens to my R10 for comparisment:

- Unit is off.

- i connect a power source ( battery bank / phone charger).

- Unit turns on and front light flashes white. Back charging light flashing red. White flash on front means unit is in sleep mode.

- I press rear button, and unit connect to one of my devices (phone / tablet, whichever I have bluetooth on). Unit then starts flashing green.

- One more press on rear button will power off the unit. But charging lamp should still blink red, indicating charging.

Hope this help.

• Thank you for your info,

I tried to connect a power source but nothing shows up from the Garmin. No LED turns on both the front and rear.

I contact garmin email but no response yet

• Either Your unit then is faulty, or You have a faulty power supply or cable.

• Same issue for me, no resolution yet at first I got no LED at all no matter how long I would hold it or what, now I at least get a single white LED flash but then nothing.

I'm trying to just let it sit for days, drain the battery and then recharge it. It went dead in the middle of a session it was just 1 random shot, stopped reading turned off, no response. Nothing hit the unit, no water, it wasn't plugged in. Only logical explanation is a software glitch that just bricked the unit.

Any update on your status?

• Hi brenden,

I got myself fix.

Seems the issue is the garmin device not supposed to be used until the battery is below 10% less or until its dead.

What i do is i left the garmin for like 4-6 days, and then i was able to get the red blink when i plug it to the charger.

It looks like garmin device still used the battery even when its off, so you just have to let it for a few days and the battery will drain completely and you will be able to charge it.

Hope you can fix yours Thumbsup

• Just got mine yesterday.  Plugged into several items such as battery bank and wall usb chaggers and nothing.  No lights in front or back.  So stoked to get yesterday and I cant seem to get it turn on?  Wondering if I have a lemon

• Hi Brenden did that work for you also, leaving the unit dead then charge it?

• Hi 

I have the same problem of my device not powering up, even after trying different charging cables and power adapters. There are no signs that the unit is being charged. Before this happened, I had my charging cable plugged in for a few days. I am wondering if the battery is dead or if the charging port is malfunctioning. Any ideas?

• Sounds like a drained battery boot-up issue, try holding the power button 30-40 seconds and see if it comes back on. Other than that, customer service time.