This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

R10 Approach Connection Issues - Entering Standby Mode or Searching for Connection

Hello,
I am having a problem where my Garmin R10 Approach is not working correctly when in the golf sim apps. I can connect the device to my phone (LG V30) and within Garmin Golf app the device is visible (e.g. can see battery status etc.), however when I go into the driving range or home tee hero, the device blinks white, (indicating standby mode), sometimes blinks blue (indicated its searching to connect), and every now and then will flash green and work, but for only a few shots before reverting to standby mode, or searching to connect mode.
The unit worked fine for about 25 minutes of use when I initially received it and got it up and running, before reverting to standby mode in the middle of the driving range session, and subsequently has had the issues as described at the beginning of the question.
I have tried restarting the app, forgetting and re-adding the R10 device, reinstalling Garmin Golf app, restarting Bluetooth, however I am still experiencing this issue.
I have tried the device with my partners phone, and it appeared to work without issue.
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks

• I have leave the comments both on GarminAU and Garmin instagram homepage regarding of the R10 products, however none of Garmin team responded yet.

• I agree with you 6789751, that's why I'm asking, because I've no idea how the topic will be solved

• Well, I will post appropriate product reviews, starting at Google Play Store with the Garmin Golf App.

• This is the reponse from Garmin Belgium

We're unable to point a date on this.

The devices are sent to engineering for analysis.

When the root cause has been found a fix should implemented (software or hardware).

As soon as a solution has been found, we will inform the impacted customers by mail.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

• Their response doesn't exactly fill you with the hope of a quick fix does it! I hope I am wrong Worried

• Rob, it's pretty clear that a large portion of Garmin's R10 customers are having the same issues without any resolution or even response from Garmin. Can you please advise on what is happening and when this issue will be address? I don't think it's appropriate to private message you when the entire R10 community needs an answer. 

• I just received my R10 today (Christmas Eve) really excited to try it.  I am having the same issues as everyone else so you can add me to the list of majorly disappointed Garmin customers.  I have a SN 6PN.  I updated to version 3.8.  I have it setup easily 6-8 ft away from the tee and about 7-8ft away from the net.  I have two separate cell phones I have tried the app on.  I can connect to the apps just fine on each phone, both Androids.  The only way I am able to get a shot read is when I forget the device, re-connect it as if its the first time connecting to garmin golf.  When I open up the driving range it blinks green, I hit my first shot and it reads.  Second shot still blinks green but then after the swing it does not register the swing and goes into either standby mode / bluetooth search mode.  Even when I try to wake it up and get it to blink green again and try another swing it does not work.  In order to register another swing I have to run the whole re-install process over again.  I plan to call Garmin when they open up again to see if they iron this out soon.  I only have 30 days to decide to return this and I do not want to waste my time.  For being a high end product ($600+) this is really disappointing.

• what's even more disheartening is I was at the range a week ago and saw someone next to me with their R10 before I had bought mine and he had showed me it and it was in completely working order - hit 2-4 shots in a row without issues, which was the reason why I decided to pull the trigger on getting one. 

• my Garmin doesn't recognize anything. Will occasionally say there is radio interference, which makes no sense.

• Has anyone else been told by Garmin to send the unit back?

I have been given a pre-paid postage form and all. But they and the store I bought it from have both said there are no replacements in stock and I am really reluctant especially with some here being told a patch is on the way to fix it. I was surprised that support weren't aware of the issue given how many people seem to experiencing it. And I'm guessing there will be many more now that everyone has opened their Christmas presents!