This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

R10 Approach Connection Issues - Entering Standby Mode or Searching for Connection

Hello,
I am having a problem where my Garmin R10 Approach is not working correctly when in the golf sim apps. I can connect the device to my phone (LG V30) and within Garmin Golf app the device is visible (e.g. can see battery status etc.), however when I go into the driving range or home tee hero, the device blinks white, (indicating standby mode), sometimes blinks blue (indicated its searching to connect), and every now and then will flash green and work, but for only a few shots before reverting to standby mode, or searching to connect mode.
The unit worked fine for about 25 minutes of use when I initially received it and got it up and running, before reverting to standby mode in the middle of the driving range session, and subsequently has had the issues as described at the beginning of the question.
I have tried restarting the app, forgetting and re-adding the R10 device, reinstalling Garmin Golf app, restarting Bluetooth, however I am still experiencing this issue.
I have tried the device with my partners phone, and it appeared to work without issue.
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks

• I am having same problem.  Just got mine and updated ot 3.8. same issues.  My son found a video on line with someone demonstrating the issue.  Interestingly they showed that if you start with your club at the top of your backswing, hold it, wait for it to start flashing  green, and then swing, it will register.  That is the only way I can get mine to register a ball strike.  

• From reading through numerous posts on a few forums, there seem to be quite a few 6PN's around that are absolutely fine.

Unfortunately for us with 6PP serial numbers, I haven't read of anyone who has a working R10.

• So I read somewhere if you pause at the top of your swing and wait for it to blink green it will work, So I tried it and it finally recorded more data.  Then I tried a super slow backswing, records data.  Full regular swing and nothing.  Frustrated, oh and it's a 6PN

• Got a 6PN as well. Just got the unit after a long wait and unit will blink green. You swing and it will go solid green. then a quick blue and then white... You have to back out of the software and send a wake up signal. The slow backswing seems to work 1 in 10 times but its unusable like this. Just terrible to have this kind of experience with a unit that had such good reviews.

• Hi Rob, experiencing the same issue, received my unit (a 6PN as well) a week ago and have not been able to record a single swing. Please add me to the list of R10 owner’s experiencing this type of issue. 

• Hello Together,

Has anyone received a satisfyingly feedback from Garmin?

After I've claimed the faulty unit I got only the statement that they have opened a ticket with the US developers (I'm in Germany) and I have not heard another word since.

Really frustrating that no one is giving a feedback what's going on.

• Hi, hab mein Gerät zurück geschickt und bekomme jetzt ein neues. Bin gespannt ob das Gerät dann funktioniert. 

• No I am in the same boat as you Andy, it has been quiet as the night.... Not being on a driving range with floodlights that is. It would be good if someboy from Garmin would put a statement on this forum!!

• Hi 5748692,

Hast du bei Garmin reklamiert oder bei deinem Händler? Mein Shop sagte mir direkt über Garmin würde es wahrscheinlich schneller gehen, nur Garmin rührt sich nicht, die haben alles mögliche angefordert und dann nur geantwortet sie hätten ein Ticket bei den Entwicklern aufgemacht. Wie ist das denn bei dir gelaufen?

• So far I did not see anyone from Garmin replied this issue on this forum, maybe all of staffs have been to holidays. I suggest all the angry customer who faces this issue leave the frustrating comments on Garmin's social insta to address on these issue. I think hundreds of customer bought these batches of products need the clarification or compensation from Garmin.