This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

R10 Approach Connection Issues - Entering Standby Mode or Searching for Connection

Hello,
I am having a problem where my Garmin R10 Approach is not working correctly when in the golf sim apps. I can connect the device to my phone (LG V30) and within Garmin Golf app the device is visible (e.g. can see battery status etc.), however when I go into the driving range or home tee hero, the device blinks white, (indicating standby mode), sometimes blinks blue (indicated its searching to connect), and every now and then will flash green and work, but for only a few shots before reverting to standby mode, or searching to connect mode.
The unit worked fine for about 25 minutes of use when I initially received it and got it up and running, before reverting to standby mode in the middle of the driving range session, and subsequently has had the issues as described at the beginning of the question.
I have tried restarting the app, forgetting and re-adding the R10 device, reinstalling Garmin Golf app, restarting Bluetooth, however I am still experiencing this issue.
I have tried the device with my partners phone, and it appeared to work without issue.
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks

• I wonder how many are affected by this? I think either a refund or patience is needed here. I cannot see them recalling possibly hundreds/thousands of units.

I don't want a refund as they seem fantastic when they work, but I don't want to be waiting weeks for a solution either.

• i have spoken to support and they have narrowed the problem down to an issue with the latest app update. I was told that they are working on the solution and hope to have an update for the R10 completed shortly (next couple of day) through the Garmin Express platform. Hope that helps.  

• Sure hope that's not true, support agent told me to update mine because it was a version behind, but said the issue would likely still persist. So if it's the latest software I've got a bigger problem.

• I also updated to the the latest software for the R10 which is 3.80 and is not working with the app. I was told that there would be a newer version coming soon. not sure if there would be an update of the Garmin Golf app as well. It is wait and see right now but this is a pretty big screw up for the launch of a new product. 

• I'm pretty sure it's a bluetooth issue..something in the app is wrong, that's my hunch since today i got it to work again, had to leave and came back and it won't connect again.

• Just wanted to add that I have just received my Approach 10 and same issue as what most are describing here. Seems to connect ok (although won't appear in my Bluetooth list but will say connected in the Garmin Golf app). Green flash, swing, solid green for a few seconds and then blinking blue and says disconnected. Was getting a slightly different type of behaviour before I updated the firmware. Working on a Pixel 5, about to try my old galaxy. After waiting for months and still being sold out everywhere, very much hoping a sw patch will solve this! Serial is 6PP...

• And more or less same behaviour on my Samsung Galaxy. Although after a swing, it goes solid green, blinking blue for a few seconds, and then blinking white. If I take the button on the R10, it goes blinking green again but always the same result 

• After speaking with Garmin tech support in Australia, they have said to send the unit back for a replacement. I was told if the version is the latest 3.8 (which mine is), all Bluetooth issues should be fixed so it would likely be faulty hardware. Pretty disappointing given the long waits for this (and the fact I'm on a break and actually have time to make use of this). It's tempting to wait and see if a new firmware update would fix it.

• I’m having the same issue! Only got mine out of the box today, connected to my iPhone, I could see connected and battery status, set it up, lights flashing green, hit a shot…. Nothing. Started to flash blue then green, then turned its self off. I disconnected, reconnected still no go, won’t recognise a shot. I have 2 devices for my teaching business, this better be just teething problems cause I’ve waited a while for this and now it won’t work. 

• Is anyone with a working unit able to confirm the correct light sequence when taking a shot please?

Also, out of curiousity, anyone out there with a perfectly good R10 with the serial number starting with 6PP or 6PN?