This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

R10 Approach Connection Issues - Entering Standby Mode or Searching for Connection

Hello,
I am having a problem where my Garmin R10 Approach is not working correctly when in the golf sim apps. I can connect the device to my phone (LG V30) and within Garmin Golf app the device is visible (e.g. can see battery status etc.), however when I go into the driving range or home tee hero, the device blinks white, (indicating standby mode), sometimes blinks blue (indicated its searching to connect), and every now and then will flash green and work, but for only a few shots before reverting to standby mode, or searching to connect mode.
The unit worked fine for about 25 minutes of use when I initially received it and got it up and running, before reverting to standby mode in the middle of the driving range session, and subsequently has had the issues as described at the beginning of the question.
I have tried restarting the app, forgetting and re-adding the R10 device, reinstalling Garmin Golf app, restarting Bluetooth, however I am still experiencing this issue.
I have tried the device with my partners phone, and it appeared to work without issue.
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks

• I'm also in touch with garmin's customer care, I sent them all log file of the golf app, garmin connect, etc. I'll see when they come back to me ;-)

Today I tried once again without my garmin watch as chav79 said, unfortunately without positiv effect :-(

• Well I'm gonna try mine again today...we will see what happens.  Also I updated mine, before the update it was showing somewhat accurate numbers to what I usually hit, after update it's 30-40 yards short! ooof

• Add me to the growing list Slight frown

I received my R10 from American Golf (UK) today.

I've read on another forum that units with serial numbers starting 6PP are having the same issue. This is what happens when I'm trying the practice range mode on the Garmin Golf app: 

Flashing green (ready) > Solid green for a few seconds after hitting ball > blue light for a fraction of a second > flashing white (standby mode) 

Nothing is recorded, no shot trace on the Garmin Golf app on phone.

Even charging seems weird. I've had everything from no red charge lights flashing on the back, to numerous colours flashing on the front, and at the same time, the red led's on the back flashing. Also had them flash a couple of times then stop and the unit wakes up.

Finally, got it to only flash red led's on the back, so I 'hope' it is charging!

Something seriously wrong with this R10. I feared the worst when I saw that my serial number started with 6PP and sure enough I'm having the same issues others have reported.

• just checked my serial number, no question it starts with 6PP....Tired face

but I think 6PP stands for R10,  insn't it?

• in Germany, the supporting time is over for today, so far no feedback from Garmin Frowning2

• I got answer from garmin today, they told me that if i don't see any red Led at the front (for example when wiping in front with the hand) it will be probably a defective unit. They gave me the advice to send it back to the dealer and change the unit. Btw, my Serial also starts with 6PP.

• Wie gehts Andy!

From what I have read, other R10 owners have stated that their units start with 6PN (I think) but also having issues.

• For me, i think it is more a software issue than hardware as suddenly a lot of people are starting to have issues and 3.8 is pretty recent as well. If hardware we will be stuck for a long timeDizzy faceDizzy face. I have this issue in Belgium

• Hi

Very interesting. Do you mean this should happen at any time when you wave your hand in front of the unit?

I would think it would have to be turned on, but does it have to be ready for a shot? (Green flashing)

• Hopefully software related and a quick fix! Does your serial number start with 6PP?