This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

R10 Approach Connection Issues - Entering Standby Mode or Searching for Connection

Hello,
I am having a problem where my Garmin R10 Approach is not working correctly when in the golf sim apps. I can connect the device to my phone (LG V30) and within Garmin Golf app the device is visible (e.g. can see battery status etc.), however when I go into the driving range or home tee hero, the device blinks white, (indicating standby mode), sometimes blinks blue (indicated its searching to connect), and every now and then will flash green and work, but for only a few shots before reverting to standby mode, or searching to connect mode.
The unit worked fine for about 25 minutes of use when I initially received it and got it up and running, before reverting to standby mode in the middle of the driving range session, and subsequently has had the issues as described at the beginning of the question.
I have tried restarting the app, forgetting and re-adding the R10 device, reinstalling Garmin Golf app, restarting Bluetooth, however I am still experiencing this issue.
I have tried the device with my partners phone, and it appeared to work without issue.
Can anyone offer advice on how to resolve this issue?
Thanks

• Looks like you can add me to the list.  I've only had warm enough weather to have used mine a handful of times.  This is the second out of those ~5 sessions that it has done this.  Power on and go into range session, and it immediately goes to sleep.  Pushing the device button to wake up and it flashes green.  When I start a swing it turns red and then goes to sleep by the time I'm finished swinging, and does not pick up the shot.  Rinse and repeat. I tried ending range sessions and restarting, closing app and restarting, turning off device and restarting, etc etc.  No change.

I tried forgetting the device, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, repairing to the device.  Device is running fresh flash of 3.8 firmware.  Still no change.

Next I tried the advice given below - of plugging the device in while using it.  The battery was at ~87% before plugging it in, so it wasn't low at all.  No wall power where I am hitting so I used a little battery bank.  This definitely helps.  I could get 3-4 shots (instead of 0) and then it would go to sleep.  Manually waking it up and I can get 3-4 more shots.

Super frustrating.  This thing is supposed to go under our tree for my kids in 2 weeks.  Function is amazing... when it works...

• So i had the same issue and it toom two weeks to figure it out and i hope this helps. I was using mine in my warehouse. And every so often i would have connectivity issues, we figured out by sheer luck that whenever the heat turned on, it would cause an interference. So make sure you are clear of any radio interferences i hope this helps. Also the ceiling fans would cause it to glitch.

• Hope that helps others... But I was outside far away from anything, hitting into a net :)

• Yeah, I’m having the same issue.  Seems like it’s a common problem

• Having the same issue. Until blinks green but never finds the ball and then enters standby mode. Waited 4 months for it to get here and now it doesn't work

• I found a work around for this tonight. It does not fix the range but allows you to play hometown hero. When you get into the driving range you should wake up your r10. Immediatley quit out of the range in the application without hitting a ball while the light is still blinking green. Go through the necessary steps to load into a course. The r10 should still be blinking green and when you play it should work. I don't have a fix to the range, seems like a technical issue that garmin will need and uodate for. Hope this works for everyone with the same issue as me. Atleast I can use it for something until they find a fix. 

• Same problem here just new and not able to use it, waited for 3 months to get it

• Same, with me, green blinking, than blue blinking, without registering the shot...

• Hey guys, the Garmin r10 approach is very sensitive to radio signal, my Bluetooth soundbar, alarm system, warehouse heating system, anything with a frequency has to be turned off. Works like a charm. Eliminate anything that carries some form of radio signal and hopefully.it works

• Garmin should step up and respond to this issue. This is so disappointing and switching everything that might send out a radio signal is not really an option. Can you imagine asking on the driving range....