Distance is so bad tried everything

Hello All / Support, 

Got mine in the UK as early as possible from Garmin/Retailer tried it today. I updated it on the garmin update thing to whatever was newest. 

The results ive had so far are shocking, i have fiddled about with the distance from ball 6ft 7ft 8ft even 9ft to see and nothing. The net to ball is 9ft so that is fine. Ive tried just on the grass on a box tilting it a little up and down but still distance is out. 

As you can see below (also tried with 9 but deleted session) my 7 iron is normally 155 - 160. And it is showing 100 - 110 yards.

Then driver i am normally around 240 - 260, avg is like 170 on this cant even break 200.. shocking. 

Any ideas? 

H

Top Replies

• Another good session today... there has to be something fundamentally wrong here, unless they spent no time testing.

Check your firmware version and make sure it's 3.60.  For people with…

All Replies

• Another good session today... there has to be something fundamentally wrong here, unless they spent no time testing.

Check your firmware version and make sure it's 3.60.  For people with 3.60, things drop into a few groups:

1. People finding it accurate at the driving range, when they see what the ball actually does.

2. People putting the R10 up against other simulators and finding it is accurate up to woods/driver below 210 yards or so. Lot of videos on this out by now.

3. People reporting short distances into a net. I was one of these people until I put it up against a Trackman, and found I am not hitting it as hard/well in a net environment. I am in group 1& 2 now.

4. People who are not putting it up against another launch monitor, and are finding they are a club or two short, for reasons that aren't clear.

5. People who are losing 30%+ of distance.

You sound like group 5 to me at the moment, but I would consider environmental factors and firmware first.

A couple people have downloaded data from sessions on both launch monitors and confirmed #2. There is a strong correlation between putting the R10 up against other launch monitors and believing the R10 is very close for at least wedges and irons.

• Just got off chatting with support.

They went through all the same things mentioned on website. 

His parting remark:

"Mitchell:
    hmmm, at this rate then, I would argue we have exhausted all troubleshooting, where was this bought from, and how recently?"

Mitchell:
    I see, I can arrange a replacement, but as it stands, with the newness of the device, I would advise going back to the seller for a replacement, as they would cover postage etc, whereas we can't in this case."

The thing that concerns me the most is how teh unit is consistent in its measurements... consitently wrong by about 30%.  And there is nothing I can do that makes it change.

• The thing that concerns me the most is how teh unit is consistent in its measurements... consitently wrong by about 30%.  And there is nothing I can do that makes it change.

Yes you can. They told you what to do.

• um... maybe you can share what the solution is as I have obviously missed it

• Return it? You're being told it's defective. That's why what you are trying to do isn't working. What you are trying to do isn't going to work. The radar hardware is either miscalibrated or otherwise defective.

I returned mine. Got a new one. Matches a Trackman pretty closely, with distance a little short on woods. I just club up and it's great. I hit shorter on simulators than in live golf, so it "seemed short' by about a full club, but I have verification at this point.

Sim golfers who don't have indoor swing syndrome seem to think it's pretty on point with distance. Sidespin's an issue but it's acceptable for what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2HIIoudnps

www.youtube.com/watch

• Went through support and i am on a case as an affected user and an investigation will take place. The way it is worded is like there are multiple users with same issue, which is evident in the forums anyway. 

They wouldnt give me even a ballpark ETA so will update when i hear more. 

If anyone seems to resolve what it could be before then do let me know. 

• Im

I'm 11.3ft ball to screen. Pw to 8iron read great but once I get to the clubs that I swing over 100mph the drama starts. 5iron 101mph avg and drivr 116mph avg. Only one drive read close to correct with a high launching draw, every thing else ended up as a low slice? 

Turn on my mevo+ and all is good , my bad shot is a strong draw, 99% of the time my shape is a push draw to target.  

• Dam i wish mine was even reading that good! my 7 iron is your PW at peak... 

• So you wouldn't believe what has happened here... i returned my unit back as requested and they took two weeks to sort out a free UPS return label. I emailed to ask for when my new unit will be sent and was told this week. No one bothers contacting me so i ask this week and they tell me no stock until January 2022? this is unacceptable i am not waiting three months for my replacement. 

Then when i try email them now it says : Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it. but when i email from an alternative address it is fine? 

• Feel your pain... there is a 50 page thread on this topic already....join the club.    All the tips and tricks do nothing.   It will be short no matter what you do.   I've had mine since early August and into net just sucks.   At the range it's great.    Go look at the other thread and FB users group.   It's not your unit either don't bother with a replacement.   My friend was sure mine was bad....he had one on order.   His came EXACT same thing.   3 firmware revisions now and each presents a new item that gets worse.   3.7 was supposed to be better.   It may be for some things but not in my case.   Driver is down about 15% best readings before 3.6.

Don't let this set you off though.   Now the good part.   It WILL improve your game if you keep using it and just forget the distance topic until they figure out the into net issues.

They are well aware about the distance issues.