R10 distances seem off.

I have been using the R10 for a couple days now and my distances seems way off. Seems very club is approx 20yards short from the range? Is there anything that needs to be done with calibration?

• I just got my note of my box today and started hitting balls.  Out of the box, it seems all my clubs are also 20 yd short on average. This was outdoors, with my net 8 ft in front of the ball and Garmin 8 ft behind. It is a very overcast day, but wouldn't think that would affect the Doppler much, would it?

• Same problem here. 9-LW seem fairly close but the longer the club the less accurate it gets. Backspin overstated on longer clubs. Driver especially bad. I typically carry 260-270 with some roll out. When I was fitted for my current driver I had backspin of ~2500RPM. With the R10 6-8 feet behind me at the driving range the best ball recorded as carry 254 total 269 with 3913 RPM, -0.5 attack angle, 6.8deg launch angle.

• Like everyone else on this topic, my distance readouts from the R10 seem too short.

Yesterday on the course my good drives rolled out to 250-260 yards (measured with a Garmin GPS golf watch and confirmed with a laser).

Today hitting the same driver into an outdoors net (with 8'x8' spacing), the R10 said they maxed out at about 215.

The short irons are close, but the yardage errors really increase from my 8-iron up. The lower the club loft, the more loss in distance.

Is the R10 underestimating the loft?

• are you guys on version 3.30 or 3.20?  

• Definitely off but the launch angle is low so this may cause the distance to be shorter. So I think they need to look at both.

• @Mike Southam - I'm on 3.30 - big issues hitting into a net outdoors. Took the R10 on the course last night for a few shots. Driver was still short (not nearly as bad, could actually get it to read 200 instead of 160's. But actual distance measured from ball back to Tee with laser was 220. Irons seemed to be really close on course for the few shots I tested vs 2 clubs short when hitting into a net. Had one shot that I measured with my 4 hybrid and it read 170, which is typical distance for me too, but the carry was short like 117 carry (need 120 to carry the water on the hole I tested on and it went well beyond the water). So it does seem to have some issues with longer clubs/driver for me, but somewhat reasonable compared to into the net, and close on everything else for full shots. Into the net (which is what I bought the thing for) it's just horribly inaccurate.

• As embarrassing as it is, I'm having trouble finding which version I'm using. Where can I find that info?

• Not embarrassing at all, I could not find that info in the Garmin Golf app, I had to connect with USB cable to laptop, then run Garmin Express. Add the R10 as a device. 
    it would be nice to have SW version in device details in the Garmin Golf app for the R10. 

• I've been using the R10 for a week now and have experienced the same issues as others regarding the distances.  I contacted Garmin support and they suggested I update firmware to version 3.30.  I updated firmware, but did not see any improvement.  It's possible that it was already on version 3.30. 

Carry Distances appear to be 20-25 yards short.

Backspin seems to be excessively high, especially with the Driver.  

Pitching up to 40 yards seem to be accurate.

Smash Factor seem to be reasonable.

I noticed that ball flight and apex height readings seem to improve with an increased outdoor distance of 9-10 feet from ball to net.  Also, 4-5 feet distance behind the ball and R10 seems to be sufficient.

• Same issue as everyone else.  I have been using the R10 for several days now.  My 6 iron is typically 145 - 150 carry.  At the range, the R10 was showing I was hitting it 120 (I could see it landing on the 150 yard green).  In my garage, it was showing 100 yards.  I am hitting into a 9 foot tall enclosure, 7 feet from the screen, with the R10 8 feet behind me.  I have done meticulous alignment to make sure that wasn't creating issues.  Firmware 3.30