R10 distances seem off.

I have been using the R10 for a couple days now and my distances seems way off. Seems very club is approx 20yards short from the range? Is there anything that needs to be done with calibration?

• I haven’t gone thru my whole bag yet but here is what I am seeing

Golfshot: Driver avg total dist 249yds SwingCaddie: Driver avg carry dist 216 Garmin: Driver avg carry dist 193 which is 10.6% lower than SC

8i: Garmin avg carry dist 143 8i: SC avg carry dist 140 Garmin 2.1% higher

9i: Garmin avg carry dist 132 9i: SC avg carry dist 127 Garmin 3.9% higher

PW: Garmin 114 PW: SC 114 Garmin 3.3% lower

So, on short irons it is pretty close plus or minus. I definitely saw that having the Garmin 6’ behind the ball was better than 8’. Driver is way off but it was way off with the SwingCaddie too. Note Golfshot distances are total yard and not carry yards.

• I haven’t gone thru my whole bag yet but here is what I am seeing

Golfshot: Driver avg total dist 249yds SwingCaddie: Driver avg carry dist 216 Garmin: Driver avg carry dist 193 which is 10.6% lower than SC

8i: Garmin avg carry dist 143 8i: SC avg carry dist 140 Garmin 2.1% higher

9i: Garmin avg carry dist 132 9i: SC avg carry dist 127 Garmin 3.9% higher

PW: Garmin 114 PW: SC 114 Garmin 3.3% lower

So, on short irons it is pretty close plus or minus. I definitely saw that having the Garmin 6’ behind the ball was better than 8’. Driver is way off but it was significantly off with the SwingCaddie too. Note Golfshot distances are total yard and not carry yards. Will try fairway woods over the next few days. Disappointed in the R10. 

• Out of the box, with firmware 3.20 at the outdoor range distance was accurate. Now upgraded to firmware 3.30 and hitting outside into a net at 8 feet. All distances are short. 

• Interesting.  I just updated last night and have a feeling the distance is now going to be off.

• I have been getting 2/3 distances on all clubs. I play my 9i 150 and was constantly getting 100-110 yds!!  Ball and club head speeds seem off too. I got my inunit yesterday and updated immediately.

Setup: indoor 7ft to ball and 7.5 ft to screen. Unfinished basement, 9.5 ft roof and an led light overhead.  I play i200’s one inch long. 3 deg upright 

What’s the point if you can’t get accurate distances. I hope garmin fixes it …. @garmin-Rob can you please help troubleshoot??

FYI I tried reflective dots on the ball to see if it helps, and it just didn’t pick up the swing at all !

• My friend came over last night (who low handicap) can hits 260+ without breaking much sweat.    He hit 2 hours on driving range and best was 236yds with driver.

Garmin needs to respond to why indoors is not working properly.

Setup was 11ft to net, and 8ft behind net was Garmin.

Next he is a great iron player that compresses irons and still couldn't get ranges expected.     

We took the unit outside and hit some balls into a field behind me and he was getting 135yd PW readings.    Outside seemed fine.

I believe that more data needs to be provided on what interferes with readings when indoors...

• So it’s not just me!! Maybe garmin chimes in here…

• it's not just "indoors". outdoors, into a net is causing me the issue. It appears the problem is with non full flight shots.

• Hit 100+ balls at the outdoor range last night.  I feel the 3.30 firmware is causing a 10-20 yard inaccuracy in carry numbers - lower yardage. For me it is consistent with the clubs. Garmin, please take note. Thanks, I know you are working on the feedback, you always do!