This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Approach R10 and problems connecting to Android tablet

When attempting to connect the Garmin Approach R10 to my new Android based tablet, the Garmin Golf App tells me I must install Garmin Connect in order to connect my device to the tablet.  When I install Garmin Connect, I can find the R10 just fine, but when I attempt to connect it, Garmin Connect tells me to "Install The Latest Version of the Garmin Golf App".......which Is already installed.  Then, the whole connection process becomes a VERY frustrating loop.................. and the R!0 never connects.  Can anyone help?  Garmin could not.

• I don't know how far you're getting with installation ... Is ur tablet not letting u install the APK or can u not log into garmin golf after it is installed?

• Has this been resolved Garmin? I too cannot connect my Android Table to Garmin Golf app because the android downlod is 1.5 version. Could you please assist? thanks.

• I wentcthe .apk route detailed above.  Installed from play store, then deleted, then installed from .apk.  then, it worked.

• Thanks but why can't they just update the app at the store... it makes no sense that we have to do this.

• I'm not sure, but believe this is because the app is developed for phone and not tablet.

So then new versions will not be updated for tablets, or even possible to download wia Google Play.

The good thing here is that the apk works for tablets, and without automatic updates You will not suddenly have a version that is not working Slight smile

On this link You will also find older versions: https://apkcombo.com/garmin-golf/com.garmin.android.apps.golf/

2.4.1 has been working for me for a while. Today I changed to 2.6.1 and also seems to work, but not tried with R10 yet.

• I am also in the same situation as you.

• So just called support to get an update from Garmin on getting the app to work.  The request to get support for Android tablets is still open and not actively being worked.  They are tracking requests to add support but there is only 70 internal  requests so far.  At this rate Garmin Product Manager will not move this to the top of the queue to get it fixed, unless there are more people requesting this issue be resolved.  Here is the support number 1-800-800-1020.  If we all take 10 min to call in this might get some traction.

• Sorry, but I still don't understand why it is so important to download the app from Google Play when You can download if from here instead? https://apkcombo.com/garmin-golf/com.garmin.android.apps.golf/

If it was not working on Android tablets, it would be a completely different issue, but..

I would prefer if the developers worked on completely other issues that the app obviously has.

• Approach R10 is not supported on Android Tablets.

This is the flat out truth no matter how many times Garmin tries to say otherwise and suggest they are "trying" to fix the issue. Do not buy the R10 if you were planning to use on Android, and do not buy an Android Tablet to use if you already have the R10. It will be a giant waste of time and money.