This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scorecard Issue when recording more than one player

I used my G80 for the first time yesterday in a medal, and decided to also record my playing partners round as well as mine. Both scores were recorded in-full, and saved at the end of the round, before syncing with the Garmin Golf app on my android phone.

When I got back to the clubhouse, I noticed that although my score had been recorded in my recent rounds, when I actually clicked on the round info, there was no information whatsover - just the overall score - and each hole had no score, or number of putts/fairway direction information.

When I returned home, I played around with the device, and entered scores as if I was playing, and discovered that when recording one round, all of the round information is transfered when synced with the Garmin Golf app. Yet as soon as you enter more than one player, all you get is the overall round total, and no other data such as your score on each hole.

Not an issue with the app, an issue with the software on the device, so an update would be appreciated in due course.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Same problem here, has this been resolved ?

• I have exactly the same problem and have had since I purchased it in April. £400 and you cannot even store scores, what a joke. I have been in touch with them numerous times and every time they say they are working on it. By the looks of this link it has been going on for a year!!

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Garmin do actually confirm that multi player strokes are supported by the G80... https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=RKRGqmI5BOAVVVPe0SYQM6 

It is a good unit but not as good as Garmin make it out to be.. Disappointing really... I have been offered to return for store credit, but the only thing that is worth getting for a similar-ish price is the Garmin S40!!!

• I have been told I can return it, but won't get a refund until garmin have tested it for 14 days!! They know its a fault and can't be bothered to fix it

• This issue is over a year old.  Could we have an update on what's being done and when we can expect a remedy please.  I've just installed an update to the G80 and there's no mention of a fix.  I recorded the scores for me and 3 playing partners today and nothing at all has synced.  Not even my score as seems to happen sometimes.  

• As far as I can see this will never happen, over a year and no update to such a simple problem. My view is they aren't supporting this high end product

• Can Garmin provide an update on when this core issue will be resolved? I bought this device and on my third round using thought to score my playing partner as well, and now score is lost. Incredibly frustrating for a device of this price.

• Did this issue ever get resolved? 3 years on and this just happened to me - no playing partner score saved.

Was there a fix or did this just get put in the "too hard" bucket by the Devs?

• It hasn't been resolved yet but I was asked to send the data on my Garmin to the development team about a week ago so it is acknowledged as a problem.  I thought it had been solved with the software update about a month ago but I've lost a scorecard again since then.  I moved from SkyCaddie because their software faults were never fixed or even acknowledged so this is marginally better!

• Thanks, appreciate the update. I think this is just a sporadic sync issue that must happen if the Bluetooth sync gets interrupted. I tried again with some dummy scorecards and it worked fine.

I also recovered the scorecard from this morning (along with my playing partner's score) by first deleting the scorecard in Garmin Golf/Connect then going into Garmin Express on my computer and into Tools & Content > Utilities and clearing upload history.

Then resyncing the device through Garmin Express (or Golf/Connect - not sure which one did it) and voila the scorecard is complete. Admittedly if you had deleted a lot of rounds previously on Garmin Golf and not deleted the source file off the G80 then this may resync them all I suspect..... Not ideal.

I suspect the fact that you can trigger a sync through any or all of Garmin Golf, Garmin Connect or Garmin Express probably contributes to this issue - too many apps in the mix!

Won't hold my breath for a permanent fix but glad to know there's a workaround and at the very least that the source .fit files on the G80 keep the player data.