This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Scorecard Issue when recording more than one player

I used my G80 for the first time yesterday in a medal, and decided to also record my playing partners round as well as mine. Both scores were recorded in-full, and saved at the end of the round, before syncing with the Garmin Golf app on my android phone.

When I got back to the clubhouse, I noticed that although my score had been recorded in my recent rounds, when I actually clicked on the round info, there was no information whatsover - just the overall score - and each hole had no score, or number of putts/fairway direction information.

When I returned home, I played around with the device, and entered scores as if I was playing, and discovered that when recording one round, all of the round information is transfered when synced with the Garmin Golf app. Yet as soon as you enter more than one player, all you get is the overall round total, and no other data such as your score on each hole.

Not an issue with the app, an issue with the software on the device, so an update would be appreciated in due course.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Than you for Posting. I have the same issue, I just took my G80 out yesterday and same result. 3 in our group, i kept scores for all, but when i saved and synced only my overall round score showed up. 6 Months later no update???

• Sadly despite what looks like a recent update for the S60 watch, the G80 still has the same bug.

• I apologize for not seeing your post 6 months ago. We do our best to address as many posts as possible but it is incredibly difficult to do during certain times of the year, especially during the holiday season. My sincere apologies for missing it.

I have posted on your new thread regarding your question. If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a Private Message and I will gladly respond.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Garmin - Chris

Hi Chris, I had the same issue yesterday and one of the primary reasons for purchasing the G80. Any ideas on an update? 

• I sent you a Private Message to collect more information. (I see you have responded. I will respond as soon as possible.)

• I’ve had the same issue today. I can’t locate my playing partners score.

any update?

• Same issue for me too.  Anyone know if there is a fix for this?  Pretty embarrassing when I scored for both of us on my new device and then couldn’t retrieve his scorecard post saving at the end of the round.  

• You won't be able to see your playing partners scorecard once saved, and that's not the issue. The problem is that when recording more than just your round, all of your stats - fairways hit, GIR, putts and even the score per hole - is never recorded. All you get is the gross score, so is that the case when you look at your round in the Garmin Golf app? 

• Ah..  right.  No - mine does work for that but losing your playing partners score as soon as you hit save makes it kinda useless for me.  Seems a bizarre decision to make when the actual data that would need to be logged for a whole round must be a few hundred bytes max. 

• But where would your playing partners data be saved to, as all you do is enter his/her name in the G80, and not their email address. Your FULL round data should sync to you Garmin Golf app. 

My issue, is when synced after recording more than one players score (say a two-ball) all I get is my gross score, and no other data which has been reported by other users.

So just to clarify, you get YOUR FULL round data, including GIR, putts etc when recording more than one player's score? Thinking