This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Assign shot distance measurement to designated club

After measuring a shot distance with the Approach G80, would it be possible to assign that measurement to a designated club? That option is available on the Approach G8, but not for the Approach G80.

• I have to agree with this. Seeing that this device is geared towards a training aid, you would think that learning your distances on the course would be a significant feature for this product. 

I would have thought having a GPS, scorecard feature, this would be a no brainer in terms of feature. You hit your drive, you mark it in the device calculate distance, FiR per GPS location, it adds the stroke to the scorecard. You take your next shot, select club and it calculates distance, FiR, GiR and club. Why would this not be a default feature for any GPS device let alone the highest tier with training aids built in? 

While using it at the range is great for learning and focusing on some aspects of your game, on the course is really where it counts and right now, per software, this device is a failure.

• Total agree with this too. Really disappointed with this. Anyone heard if there are any plans to upgrade? 

• I just got the G80 and i am also disappointed that it does not have the mark shot feature. i am a programmer and i am sure it is very simple to implement this feature (add a click function which when clicked it adds the distance from the last click made, add +1 to score for the hole and save all to the database). All the approach watches has this function. I guess they want people to buy the Garmin approach S watch as well.

• Add me to the list of people who want Assign shot distance measurement to designated club added to the G80.

• Since TrueSwing is not available anymore and it´s still clearly advertised in the manual I demand shot distance measurement to designated club should be added to the G80.

• On the Garmin website, IF you filter by features and check "Autoshot" the G80 is still listed but does not have this feature.

Garmin Autoshot Feature
    AutoShot automatically records detected shots, excluding putt and chip shots. It measures just how far you hit the ball and uploads your stats to the Garmin GolfTm app for post-round performance analysis.

• Everyone - I'm not sure if this will do anything but send a private message to Garmin - Chris moderator.  He says he's aggregating all the requests to ask the engineering team for an update.  Maybe if we send enough messages, we can get autoshot implemented.  

• Come on Garmin  - When are you going to send us a firmware update to enable this feature on the Approach G80. I've had this "FLAGSHIP" device for over a year now and still no word on this very useful feature.

• To all Approach G80 owners that see this thread, if you haven't already, please highlight my name and send me a Private Message with a comment that you would like to have the Approach G80 improved with a future software update that adds shot tracking abilities. Thank you.

• Many thanks for the response Chris ... I just sent you the private message.  Really looking forward for G80 improvement in the near future.

Alvon