This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Assign shot distance measurement to designated club

After measuring a shot distance with the Approach G80, would it be possible to assign that measurement to a designated club? That option is available on the Approach G8, but not for the Approach G80.

• I would agree with this recommendation.  G80 lacks of statistics capability, especially if we want to link the data (distance, direction, radar data, swing tempo, etc) to the club we use.  If possible G80 to upgrade their firmware to include more comprehensive statistics functions, similar to other Approach Sxx product.

• I totally agree, I'm very disappointed after paying over £400 for the g80 it has less functionality and stats than earlier and cheaper models. This is only a software update surely. I did e-mail Garmin with this observation but they totally ignored me!

• I am also very disappointed with the lack of many functionalities we enjoyed previously and would like to appeal to Garmin to include it in their next firmware update. Shouldn't be a biggy…

• Is there any news or even a reply from Garmin on this request.

• No, clearly Garmin just want the sale and don’t bother with after sales. Frustrating thing is it a relatively straight forward software update, the G80 has proven an expensive mistake when much cheaper alternatives do exactly the same (shame I sold my sky caddie!)

• Message Chris on this page and let him know what you are talking about.  I have done this and reported my concerns with him as well as called Garmin and had them add this to the engineer forums for us.  We have to get them to add this option because the watches have AutoShot and club tracking but this device doesn't have the option and if any device has this option this one should.  The device with the launch monitor should be the one that has it the most in my opinion.

• I quite agree with the sentiment of this thread. I have been an Approach G8 user for 2 years and have greatly liked and utilized the tracking of most shots by club. I had just assumed (thought I had read it somewhere) that the Approach G80 had all the features of the G8 plus the Launch Monitor. I tried to use it yesterday for the first time and was greatly disappointed. The instructions are vague at best and worse, deceiving.

Measuring a shot:

• Take a shot, and watch where your ball lands.
    • Select. > Measure Shot.
    • Walk or drive to your ball.
    • If necessary, select Reset to reset the distance at any time

I have come to depend on getting home and connecting my G8 to my computer and then being able to see all my shots for the round, including which club was used for each shot. I use this information and visual display of my round to improve my game.

Before trying to use the G80 yesterday, I had told my wife the she could have my G8 and that I would be using the G80. But now I have to go back on my word. I will have to send the G80 back as it is practically worthless!

• Add me to the list of people who want Assign shot distance measurement to designated club added to the G80.

I am thinking of returning mine if the don't show any signs that they are considering the update. 

• I am very tempted to send my G80 back because of the lack of stat tracking.

The launch monitor is great, but I don't want to have to grab a secondary device just to track my club shots.

Seems odd to not have implemented this yet. 

• Good information thank you