Under Review
over 1 year ago

FW 20.75+ has fixes to backgrounding for Fenix 6 devices.

Fenix 6 with background app watchface doesn't update

A user has reported my watchface doesn't work with his Fenix 6 but does with his Vivoactive 3. So, he's been helping me debug it a bit and it appears that after the background process (which does a webRequest) calls Background.exit(data), the app's onBackgroundData() method isn't called, until something else, like a smart notification, happens on the watch.

He sees the same behavior with both firmware 9.0 and 10.10 on the Fenix 6. I don't see this problem on the simulator and this is the first report I've received about it.

• It seems that Public Beta update 20.82 for Fenix 6 finaly fixed the bug.

The watchface has been working properly for me for an hour!

I hope that something else is not the trigger in the backgorund. Finger crossed..

• Yep me too. My work around is just not to use the xDrip Watchface. The widget works fine, so i just use a standard watchface and hit the button when I want to check my blood sugar levels to flip to the first widget. 

• I finally gave up on waiting on this, for anyone interested the fenix 7 has fixed this issue

• Hi Brad, looks like the fix isnt happening?  Garmin told me that you are not affiliated with Garmin and so what is you info source plz... you comments have reassured me before but now I wonder if they have a basis?

I suggest everyone who has been affected asks Garmin for compensation. I tried but they claim its not a fault with watch.  I disagree. I own another Garmin a VHR which updates fine and others have posted same for other models.  This looks like a major dedign flaw snd Garmin should acknowledge this or make a public verifiable explanation or accept that they treat their customers on this occasion very badly.

This sharade has gone on 2 years and now a newer model Fenix7 has been released.  Does anyone know if that is affected?

• Please can you give update on when the promised fix will be released.  You mentioned Feb but that is long past now.