App: BC-1000

Support Thread for my App BC-1000:

With the App you can display the weight and body fat measured with a Tanita BC-1000 weight scale on a FR920XT.
A FIT file is generated which can be uploaded to Garmin Connect.

Usage:
After starting the App a weight scale is automatically scanned.
If a scale is found follow the instructions on the screen.
To Exit press the Back button.

To enable transfer of body composition data a user ID between 1 and 254 needs to be set in the App-Settings.

Link: BC-1000

• This is the same problem I am having

This is exactly the app I've been looking for. But when I start the app, it seems to search for the scale endlessly and does not find it. I a using the default user profile of 255. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

My Fenix 3 HR does exactly the same... For a moment I had a twinkling of hope by BC-1000 were not confined to flee bay...
  • This is exactly the app I've been looking for. But when I start the app, it seems to search for the scale endlessly and does not find it. I a using the default user profile of 255. Is there something else I am supposed to do?

Are you using the scale with another Tool, how do you find that the scale is working?
    Please remove/Insert the Batteries and try again.
    User Profile 255 is ok.
  • Connection Woes

I removed and replace the batteries, and it still did not connect. I know the scale is working because I still use my old FR610 to access it daily, as I did this morning. Also, I wanted to mention that my scale is the BC-1000 Plus. I don't know if that makes a difference. Thanks for your attention to this matter.
  • BC-1000 Plus

Ok, BC-1000 Plus may be the cause, i only have the one without the Plus for testing.
    If your are willing to install a special version of the App i can try to decode the signals for differences.

Edit: I read about that the plus version needs pairing with the watch. Did you pair it with your FR610?
    And how to find the difference, I can't identify it by pictures?
  • Follow-up

In re-reading the app description and specifically the restrictions, am I to understand that it only reports the weight without the remaining metrics like body fat, body water, muscle mass, bone mass, visceral fat, etc.?

If that is the case, then unfortunately I will be staying with the current set-up (using the FR610) because I want access to those metrics reported in Garmin Connect.
  • Also wondering the same. Currently looking for a new scale. Ill go with either the bc1000 or the Garmin scale. Depending how well the complete data gets transfered, ill make my choice.
  • The App aims to be a quick display for the weight now.
    The collaboration along Garmin/Tanita is not very productive.
    So I can't guarantee if complete health data will be possible without a good business plan,
    which for this old scale is not very realistic.
  • Can't see it in Garmin Connect

I can use the app and see the weight on my fenix 3, but it won't update the weight on Garmin Connect chart, why that happens? What am I setting wrong?
  • I can use the app and see the weight on my fenix 3, but it won't update the weight on Garmin Connect chart, why that happens? What am I setting wrong?

Weight is transferred within an activity of type unknown, and not visible under health data, as described in the app description. Have you checked your activities?
  • BC-1000 v2.0.3

Now the app can transfer body composition data:
    • Body Fat;
    • Body Water;
    • Muscle Mass;
    • Physique Rating;
    • Bone Mass;
    • Visceral Fat Rating;
    • Daily Calorie Intake;
    • Metabolic Age;

Please see the changes in the App Description.