Watchface: TrekFace2

Background
This is for all Star Trek fans. When I bought my Garmin Fenix 3 HR and know that the face could be customised, I looked high & low for a LCARS face. However, there is none for this model but for other models instead. And the creator of the LCARS watchface is not keen to develop one for the Fenix series. So, that's how it all started...

This is my first foray into Garmin programming. I've met with a lot of challenges but luckily there are many kind & helpful Garmin experts who are always willing share their experiences and knowledge with newbies like us.

This is my 2nd LCARS TrekFace2.

Features:

1) LCARS UI
2) Time
3) Date
3) Heartbeat
4) Steps taken for today / distance
5) Steps taken bar meter
6) Move bar indicator
8) Battery level percentage
9) Bluetooth connectivity status (Star Trek Logo) - Connect to your phone to see the Star Trek Enterprise Logo! Stay in touch with the ship
10) Message count
  • FYI: On my Fenix 5S the watch face does not scale correctly either.community.garmin.com/.../1243993.jpg
  • Thank you for the fix - now it fits better, but there are still problems. There are some colored pixels on the WF edges and the steps progressbar have two different colors...

" />">

Hi Michael,

Can I trouble you to send me a picture? Coz, on my simulator, I couldn't see the WF edges. Sorry.

For the steps progressbar. It is supposed to have 2 colors. Grey is the background. When you have achieved x number of steps, the progressbar will turn Orange to indicate how much you have achieved today.

Thanks,
    Paul
  • FYI: On my Fenix 5S the watch face does not scale correctly either.

The problem seems to be the WF-Dev has blown up the resolution for all F5's to 240*240px - but the F5S is the only F5-Series watch wich handle only 218*218px (same as F3) resolution...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Paul,

of course - i fyou mean screenshot directly taken on my F5 - here you are:

" />">

Thank you for your explanation - this is not what i meant of.
    The colored area of the steps progress bar has two different colors - see the sreenshot below:

" />">

Another thing is - after your last update it seems there are some changes in the colors itself. Below you see two screenshots taken from my F5 with WF version 1.01 and 1.02:

v1.01
    " />">

v1.02
    " />">

In general - the F5 line can draw more colors on the display than the old watches - can you add the bigger colorrange to the WF, too? And also remove the "crispiness" in the colored areas, too?
  • FYI: On my Fenix 5S the watch face does not scale correctly either.

I'm so sorry. As the Fenix 5S screen size is smaller, it's difficult for me to support it.
  • The problem seems to be the WF-Dev has blown up the resolution for all F5's to 240*240px - but the F5S is the only F5-Series watch wich handle only 218*218px (same as F3) resolution...

Hi Paul,

of course - i fyou mean screenshot directly taken on my F5 - here you are:

" />">

Thank you for your explanation - this is not what i meant of.
    The colored area of the steps progress bar has two different colors - see the sreenshot below:

" />">

Another thing is - after your last update it seems there are some changes in the colors itself. Below you see two screenshots taken from my F5 with WF version 1.01 and 1.02:

v1.01
    " />">

v1.02
    " />">

In general - the F5 line can draw more colors on the display than the old watches - can you add the bigger colorrange to the WF, too? And also remove the "crispiness" in the colored areas, too?

Hi,

Thank you for wonderful & detailed feedback.

I have:

1) Changed the colors
    2) Got rid of the border "noises"
    3) As for the steps bar, the base color is "Dark Gray". As your steps increase, the Orange bar will grow. What would be a better choice of colors?
  • Hi,

your changes are nice - thank you.
    The colors looks great - but the border noises are still there (see the screenshot from my F5 below)

No, you get me wrong - the colors (grey/orange) of the steps progress bar are good - the problem is withing the orange colored graph. The beginning of the graph is orange and when the graph is turning to the line the color will be switch to almost red. The beginning and also the line of the steps progress bar graph should be the same color (eg. orange)...

" />">
  • Hi,

your changes are nice - thank you.
    The colors looks great - but the border noises are still there (see the screenshot from my F5 below)

No, you get me wrong - the colors (grey/orange) of the steps progress bar are good - the problem is withing the orange colored graph. The beginning of the graph is orange and when the graph is turning to the line the color will be switch to almost red. The beginning and also the line of the steps progress bar graph should be the same color (eg. orange)...

" />">

I finally get what you mean now. I've updated 2 items:

1) Got rid of the border noises
    2) Change the steps bar color to match the background color (let me know if I got it right this time round) :)

Thanks,
    Paul
  • Hi Paul,

1) border noises are heavley reduced, but still there (see screenshots below)
    2) Yes, now its like it should - lokks awesome.

Thank you - i should learn c monkey, too... ;)

V1.03
    " />">

V1.04
    " />">
  • Hi Paul,

1) border noises are heavley reduced, but still there (see screenshots below)
    2) Yes, now its like it should - lokks awesome.

Thank you - i should learn c monkey, too... ;)

V1.03
    " />">

V1.04
    " />">

I must say... you are very good at seeing the "noises"! I've removed the last bits.. hopefully :)

I've also enable users to change the Time color.

Enjoy.
  • [h=2]Watchface: TrekFace2[/h] Hi there, nice watch face but the heart rate won?t show up on my Fenix 5. Any ideas?
    Regards
    simon