New SDK and documentation for Fenix 6?

Just saw the release of the Fenix 6 - looks cool and sounds awesome Slight smile (Shame there isn't a sapphire + solar combination but I can imagine the reason for that …)

Anyway, I notice the Fenix 6 has a larger display: options for 260x260 and 280x280 (compared to old 240x240). The first things that come to mind are:

• Need a new CIQ SDK to be able to build versions for the Fenix 6 - so when should it get released?
  • Larger display size means more memory used by similarly scaled up graphics assets - so is there more memory available for CIQ apps to use? (E.g. currently up to 92.1kB for watch face apps). Will there be documentation for the Fenix 6 listing all the specifications for development like the display size?

Any other info welcome!

Edit: glance-able mode for widgets (3 per screen) sounds great - but more code for this for CIQ widgets will also need more memory?

• Let's think positive!

We can always take advantage of some technical improvements done to the IQ platform even though some parts are not backported to older devices causing fragmantation. So ther's no stand still.

The good news is that some major companies join the connect iq platform to setup an alternative to the apples and pears nowadays.

I think the big app providers now get a small time advantage to release there apps first to the people to get some more audience.

So let's hope they will release the 3.1 platform in the next week.

But i think 

• I am afraid I chose most problematic parts of CIQ platform for my apps and know too much already to stay positive. :) But real reason for my tone is because I believe, some more detailed unpleasant feedback is missing in this community a lot. And as I don't see it covered by nobody else here, hence my strict posts and this thread .

• some more detailed unpleasant feedback is missing in this community

Some of it could be that things you see as huge bugs, are somewhat minor to many others.

Are there bugs?  Of course!  But if it only impacts a few or if there is a work-around, maybe the priority/concern isn't what you think it should be.

I'm sure Brandon/Coleman busted their tails getting HTTP brought back, and getting the iOS 4.22 fixed and updated to 4.22.2 for example. 

Maybe it's just that many folks don't have that much unpleasant feedback in general..

• Hi Jim, this is "independent hobby developer" point of view (please don't take it personal - I am aware of your huge contribution). I sent you PM as I don't want to discuss it here. 

• So CIQ SDK 3.1 released ...

But ouch - simulator still shows 92kB memory limit for watchfaces on Fenix 6, so no extra memory for larger displays (except for the Venu which gets a lot more!)

• Exactly, I am getting an "Out Of Memory" Error on Fenix 6/6X for the same code which is running smoothly on older devices! That is clearly because of more pixels (I'm pushing limits quite hard, since I successfully combined anti-aliased fonts with 1Hz update of analog second hand). I would like to know whether the Fenix 6/6X will get more run-time memory, because otherwise they are less capable than Fenix 5. ;(

• hmm. all these posts are 3 years old...

meanwhile, there actually should be a version supporting F7..

anyone knows what might be the problem?

• Have you updated your devices using the SDK manager?  The current production SDK is 4.1.4 and there's a beta of the new compiler.  They work with the f7.