info.currentPower not available in Edge Explore (SDK 3.0.10)

I was testing one of my datafields in the simulator today and I hit a strange problem (bug?) while simulating an Edge Explore device.

The exact error is:

Could not find symbol 'currentPower'
Symbol Not Found Error

The line of code that generates the error:

cpower = info.currentPower != null ? info.currentPower : 0;

The same code is working fine on every other simulated Edge device. I can confirm that other power values are missing as well in the info object only for the Edge Explore in the simulator:

info.averagePower

info.maxPower

I was able to repro this with SDK 3.0.9 and 3.0.10.

According to the API documentation this information should be available for all Edge devices so I would assume this is a simulator issue.

Can someone please confirm this?

Thanks

Parents
  • Pretty sure the Edge Explore does not support power meters. You’ll find that the API docs are often incomplete or outdated when it comes to stuff like supported devices. 

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/07/garmin-edge-explore-review.html

“What doesn’t it include though? Mostly features that are designed at more competitive athletes. For example, no Strava Live Segments (but you can do Strava Routes and upload to Strava), as well as no structured workouts or advanced training load metrics…or power meter support.  But that’s kinda it. Almost everything else it has, save a few minor nuanced type things I’ll dive into below.“

• Pretty sure the Edge Explore does not support power meters. You’ll find that the API docs are often incomplete or outdated when it comes to stuff like supported devices. 

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/07/garmin-edge-explore-review.html

“What doesn’t it include though? Mostly features that are designed at more competitive athletes. For example, no Strava Live Segments (but you can do Strava Routes and upload to Strava), as well as no structured workouts or advanced training load metrics…or power meter support.  But that’s kinda it. Almost everything else it has, save a few minor nuanced type things I’ll dive into below.“

Children
No Data