App occasionally gets ERROR: System Error DETAILS: failed inside handle_json_callback

I only see this on the watch (Vivoactive HR) and never on the simulator. A user has also reported the same.
My device is at SW Version 3.90 (latest update I get from the latest Android Connect IQ app).
I have built a debug version of my app with the latest release SDK 2.3.1 and it still shows this error (there was some indication in another thread that something similar was fixed at this version).
Unfortunately I have no way to capture the web data that is loaded when the error occurs (at least no way I know of), and it happens only every hour or so (which makes for a pretty lousy watch app).

I will send in email the web url needed in the settings for my app currently in the store that will let you see the error, but it is a private web address.

ERROR: System Error
DETAILS: failed inside handle_json_callback
STORE_ID: 00000000000000000000000000000000
CALLSTACK:

<there is no callstack - that is the extent of the CIQ_LOG.TXT>
  • andreas-may, I think you are having something different here. Recently we implemented a fix for types that were not returning correctly on GCM (i.e. numbers returned as longs, etc). Unfortunately, this change was accidentally reverted with the latest GCM release. We are working with the GCM team right now to make sure a release with our fix re-implemented gets out ASAP. Sorry about that.

Horsetooth, I'm still struggling to reproduce this. I know you can reproduce it reliably. I will try and work this out again as I know this is a long standing bug for you.

Thank you both!
    -Coleman
  • thanks! let me know if you need any help repro'ing, I can _try_ to capture the json at the same time the watch fails, but it would take minding the watch for a while since i don't have an automatic way to do that from the watch. hopefully you have a better way.
  • Recently we implemented a fix for types that were not returning correctly on GCM (i.e. numbers returned as longs, etc). Unfortunately, this change was accidentally reverted with the latest GCM release.

hmm, i wonder if that could be the reason i'm seeing "too many object" failures on FR235 recently?
  • hmm, i wonder if that could be the reason i'm seeing "too many object" failures on FR235 recently?

answering my own question, it does appear so - i downgraded connect app to 3.20.3 (from 3.22.0.1) and this new issue (not the original issue in this post) is gone.
  • answering my own question, it does appear so - i downgraded connect app to 3.20.3 (from 3.22.0.1) and this new issue (not the original issue in this post) is gone.

the latest update v3.22.0.3 also works - thanks for that quick fix. any update on reproducing the original VAHR firmware issue?
  • Hey, I've come back around to this one and I'm still not reproducing it. I'm using the latest GCMA, the public store version of CGM Loop and the url you provided. I tried on both version 3.30 and 4.00 on vivoactive HR. Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
    -Coleman
  • the latest update v3.22.0.3 also works - thanks for that quick fix. any update on reproducing the original VAHR firmware issue?

V4.0 of the Android Garmin Connect app appears to have regressed the "ERROR: Too Many Objects Error" problem again?
  • Our dwMap and routeCourse users are reporting that the regression to the object type issue in V4.0 GCM for Android has now been fixed in the V4.0.5 released yesterday.
  • Thank you for reporting. We are working with the GCM team to help develop better procedures for testing against this specific issue.

-Coleman
  • Thank you for reporting. We are working with the GCM team to help develop better procedures for testing against this specific issue.

-Coleman

Good to hear, thanks Coleman.