getDeviceSettings().phoneConnected no longer works after the last firmware update of the watch

getDeviceSettings().phoneConnected no longer works after the last firmware update of the watch (VA3M 4.90).

But in native Garmin WF, it works as it should.

Now we need to use some new method?
ConnectionInfo or connectionAvailable?

• I have reproduced the issue one time.  It is affecting the watch faces and widgets.  It appears the reason everything worked for me this morning was when I turned on the watch, I started with BT off since it was not connected it behaved as expected.  Once I turned on the BT and it established the connection, and always report connected even turned off on the watch or the phone or both.  I restarted the watch again, now it seems to be tracking the BT status properly for both WF and Widgets.  I will keep playing to reproduce it again.  Until then, you may want to reboot the watch one more time.

• I'm seeing this (and more) with the 6.90 FW for the va3 too.  The first FW for the devices with a CIQ 3.1 VM, so that may be the connection.

Widgets don't time out,etc..

, this should probably be moved to the bug reports.

• Addition: after resetting the watch to the default state (without deleting data) getDeviceSettings (). PhoneConnected works as it should.

• Another addition: a few hours after the clock reset getDeviceSettings (). PhoneConnected again stopped working as it should - when the connection is disconnected in the circular watch menu, the connection availability icon continues to be displayed. The same thing happens when i turn off the bluetooth on the phone.

• I put similar subject in Bug reports.  I have 4 watch faces in the IQ store with the same issue.  Also, connectionInfo[:bluetooth].state always returns CONNECTION_STATE_CONNECTED

• I tried to recompile a couple of WF with SDK 3.1.5 - it is declared that errors have been fixed in it. At first, it was valid the first time the updated WF was run, getDeviceSettings (). PhoneConnected returned false when disconnecting in the circular menu. However, after some time, it again stopped working.
    Reboot watch again resumed normal work. I will wait a little longer and will additionally report on the results of the observation.

• Not sure this would be something fixed by an SDK as it's working fine on other devices.  It sounds like it's Firmware (or maybe GCM) to me.

• I checked again. On my VA3M it happens exactly as I described earlier - reboot for a short time (approximately 10 minutes) resumes the normal indication of the presence of a junction. Then, when turning on / off the bluetooth getDeviceSettings (). PhoneConnected always returns true.
    One of the users of my WF describes me the same thing - the owner of VA3 with android 8.1, last FW & GCM.

• That again sounds like a fix is needed in the firmware (or maybe GCM) and it's not something that will be fixed with a new SDK

• I was seeing this consistently on 4.90 yesterday, but oddly today, I'm not seeing it at all. Perhaps numerous watch restarts cleared the issue (?).

Anyway, this has caused me to not trust DeviceSettings.phoneConnected any more, at least not in the affirmative case. If a 'yes' is returned, I'm now probing a URL to see if -104 (BLE_CONNECTION_UNAVAILABLE) is returned to confirm the phone is actually connected.

The pro is that this seems to work, but con is that the round-trip time can make the UI a bit less responsive. To mitigate this, I'm only implementing this workaround on touchscreen devices. Hope that helps.