Action Cameras still in Garmin Product Program?

After a disapointing time with sjcam, I try to find some reliable camera that can record videos even on longer bike rides like 5 or 6 hours. So this needs the ability to use an external power bank.

I had thought that a member of the Garmin Virb family could be such a device I'm looking for.

After having read various tests and manuals I noticed that that even the newest virb (ultra 30?) is over 5 years old. I also noticed that the general availability in the usual online shops is ZERO. 

My suspicion is that Germin has discontinued making action cameras. It's also nourished by the fact that Garmin trys to hide the camera section in their product line up.

My question therefore is: does Garmin still support the action camera business, are they breding over something new or are they abandoning this segment?

Thank you for enlightening me Thinking

Regards, Michael

• Yes, after Virb Ultra 30 and 360 they stopped developing the Virb Edit software.

No announcements, not updates, nothing. So yes, I don´t believe in any new device.

That´s really sad! The cameras were amazing. Until now, there is nothing like them. GoPro tried to add GPS and some gyro values as well, but the software was/is awful. OBD2 support is unique. Racetrack-features like round timing. The many gauges for overlays...

Virb Edit got a lot of potential and works quite well (if you know how to work around some issues). Many little features were missing, to make it perfect.

If I get my hands on a good, used Ultra, I´ll go for it!