Is a cheap Fenix 2 worth it? + general questions

I'm new to sports watches and I've been keeping an eye out for a sports watch to see if something cheep comes along (after seeing my friends Fenix 4)

I've been using my phone to track mt biking (GPS, time, altitude, speed) and I was looking for something to not carry my phone. heart rate and music would be a plus too. I consider myself an enthusiast not so much an athlete so I don't need 100% accuracy

I know the Fenix 2 doesn't have heart rate (without the strap) or music but it's very cheap and imo looks good. I'm in Switzerland and I've found someone selling it for 120. That's 220 cheaper than anything I can find online.

So is the Fenix 2 worth it? If not, why? And do you have any recommendations?

• In case you're still on the fence about getting a Fenix 2; I recommend a Fenix 3 instead. I have used a Fenix 2 for a couple of years, and it worked pretty well, but it did crash sometimes, to my idea that was because the processor couldn't keep up with the workload under certain circumstances. However for most average use cases it will probably be fine.

On the other hand, the Fenix 3 I've had (the plain version without built-in HR) was solid as a rock, did everything it needed to, it was fast, and it looked great. The Fenix 3 has no maps and no music.

You can get used Fenix 3's for about 100 to 150 Euros. For a HR belt; the old plastic Garmin HRM-1 does a very good job and it lasts forever unlike the more modern fabric belts. It has no other functions than heart rate recording (so no running dynamics or built-in memory).

--- below Google-translated, this is the German forum after all --

Für den Fall, dass Sie immer noch am Zaun sind, um ein Fenix 2 zu bekommen; Ich empfehle stattdessen ein Fenix 3. Ich habe ein Fenix 2 für ein paar Jahre verwendet und es hat ziemlich gut funktioniert, aber es stürzte manchmal ab, meiner Idee nach, weil der Prozessor unter bestimmten Umständen nicht mit der Arbeitslast mithalten konnte. Für die meisten durchschnittlichen Anwendungsfälle ist dies jedoch wahrscheinlich in Ordnung.

Auf der anderen Seite war das Fenix 3, das ich hatte (die einfache Version ohne eingebautes HR), steinhart, tat alles, was es brauchte, es war schnell und es sah großartig aus. Das Fenix 3 hat keine Karten und keine Musik.

Sie können Fenix 3 für ca. 100 bis 150 Euro verwenden. Für einen HR-Gürtel; Der alte Kunststoff Garmin HRM-1 leistet sehr gute Arbeit und hält im Gegensatz zu den moderneren Stoffgürteln für immer. Es hat keine anderen Funktionen als die Herzfrequenzaufzeichnung (also keine Laufdynamik oder eingebauten Speicher).